Thread: Using S-voice to create tasks and appointments

Using S-voice to create tasks and appointments

I have tried using the Samsung s-voice to verbally create new tasks and calendar appointments, hoping that they would sync and show up on my DJO calendar and subsequently my Outlook calendar. No go. I have Android calendar sync turned off (Settings > Sync Settings) because it was recommended to do so when I first installed DJO. Is this still the case? If I turn this sync feature on, will the calendar event that s-voice created be pulled in by DJO?
    - Samsung Galaxy SG3
    - DJO 2.3.3
    - Microsoft Outlook 2010 on an Alienware M15X

I'm wondering the same thing, vis a vis my new Galaxy Note 2. I tried turning on Sync to Android Calendar, and it doesn't seem to do anything - events in DJO don't show up in the Android calendar and vice versa.
    Rob Freundlich

Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Android 4.1.2/Kernel Version 3.0.31-1098177
    DJO Version 2.5.4 (500)
    CL Version 5070
    Palm Desktop Version 4.1/Windows 7 64-bit
    Local WiFi Sync

To clarify a bit: My end goal is to be able to use S-Voice to create events in the Android calendar and have them show up in DJO AND ALSO to use DJO to create events and have them show up in Android Calendar. I believe turning on Sync to Android Calendar is supposed to do that, but if not, is there some other way to do it?
    Rob Freundlich

DJO Version 2.5.4 (500)
    CL Version 5070
    Local WiFi Sync

I can sort of get this to work by turning on Sync to Android Calendar. I turned it on, and sometimes my events from one side (DJO or Android) will go to the other (it may happen only when I run a CL Sync, or it might be triggered by something else). But I noticed some weirdness with repeating all-day events (specifically, one that I had set up to repeat once a year was showing up every day), so I turned off Sync to Android Calendar. So I'm back to it not working.

(I believe Thomas has made reference to the repeating all-day events problem as one reason to not turn on Sync to Android Calender when using CL to sync to the desktop, so no complaint there - I was intentionally pushing the envelope)

It'd be nice if the DJO suite worked directly with S-Voice (or its alternative Google Voice Search, but I think I like S-Voice better overall) as the original poster was asking about. Is there any way to get that to happen?
    Rob Freundlich

DJO Version 2.5.4 (500)
    CL Version 5070
    Local WiFi Sync