Thread: Lost calendar events before mid-Nov, have restored to PDA but can't sync with desktop

Lost calendar events before mid-Nov, have restored to PDA but can't sync with desktop

Somehow, after some sync, my nonrecurring events prior to mid-Nov 2012 were deleted from both my Palm desktop and phone. I restored an earlier database on the desktop and resync'd but then lost the events from mid-Nov on that had been on the desktop. I restored the newer database on the desktop and sync'd and now I have the full database pre and post-Nov on my phone. I cannot sync and get the full database on my desktop and am concerned that I will again lose events if I sync incorrectly.

What settings should I use in companionlink to get the full calendar from the phone installed on the desktop?

thanks.

Forgot the system information:
    Palm Desktop 6.2.2
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    DejaOffice 2.3.3 build 372
    Companionlink 5.0 build 5048

Hello Wladtest,

Maybe you have done this already, but did you check in CL under advanced settings, calendar, the date range?
    I know that the standard is for a limit amount of days (I thought about a month of data?)
    CL will only synchronise the given amount of past calendar data that has been set there.

I hope this helps,

Lexie

ps you can set your system information in your signature, which you can find above this page under my profile.
    This way you never forget to post them.
    Last edited by Lexie; 12-21-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Thanks for the suggestion. My calendar date range is set for 1850 days.

I have tried deleting the data base on the desktop and creating an empty calendar and syncing with the Android overwriting the Palm Desktop, but it is not syncing to the desktop. I have tried changing the settings regarding how deleted records are treated, but cannot sync to the desktop.

I am no expert. And have had my share of problems with syncing in the past.

To make sure that your data from your phone is safe (since it contains now all your correct data), you can copy the datafile from DJO to your PC. This file is named clusb on your sd card.
    I do this with my usb cable and when it is connected to my PC set it as hard disk.

This way what ever happens you can always restore the data.
    And you can experiment to solve your other issue, which I sadly can not help you with since my knowledge is limited.

Good luck,

Lexie
    Last edited by Lexie; 12-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Problem solved. Tech support at CompanionLink recommended rereading the data, following instructions here:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...rming_a_Reread

This solved the sync problem.

Happy holidays.