+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collapse contact categories

Collapse contact categories

With Pocket Informant on my old Windows Mobile phone, one could group contacts by category, as with Deja Office, but display contacts with all the groups collapsed, so one had a listing just of the categories. Tapping a category name would expand it to show the individual contacts. I found this very convenient, but can't see how to do this with Deja Office. Is it possible? Thanks.

It is a more two step process in Deja Office, but works pretty well. In contacts, bring up the menu and tap categories. Select the category you want and you will return to the main contacts screen with just the contacts in that category. To undo, same thing, except select "All Categories."
    Last edited by Hook; 12-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Thanks. I know that's one way. It's 2 steps, as you say, but there's another drawback. Calendar and Contacts use the same categories, and I have some that are appropriate only for Calendar, and some only for Contacts. The Contacts screen lists only categories that contain contacts*, but tapping Categories brings up all categories and one has to select the desired Contacts category from a list of many irrelevant ones. Sounds like this may be a feature request.

*Or did I somehow select in a Settings menu only the appropriate ones to appear in the Contacts screen? I forget!

+ Reply to Thread