Thread: Calendar: pinch to zoom vertical is imprecise; OR another idea...

Calendar: pinch to zoom vertical is imprecise; OR another idea...

I'm trying to find the "sweet spot" where I can see the maximum amount of the day, yet still have the font legible.
    Pinch to zoom is a nice idea, but it's just not precise enough. I find myself jumping from 133% to 50% and then to 80%. The touch is very, well, touchy, and sometimes it expands when I was trying to contract.

A menu-controlled setting would be easier for trying out various settings.

EVEN BETTER!
    The problem seems to be that the system is designed so that text MUST take up a 30 minute vertical height. So squeezing the lines together to view the whole 10 hour day -- GOOD! -- means that the text is now illegible -- BAD!

The solution is simple: separate the line size setting from the font size setting. Well, simple to conceive; as for how to program that, well I'll leave that up to you folks!

I think that the zoom problems are probably down the sensors on your phone.

One way to get an overview of your diary is to use DejaToday. You get a list of events You can adjust the number of days showing according to how busy your diary is. There is also widget to show the list on one your phones home screens for quick reference. This may not be what you are looking for but gives a quick overview of the diary.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Cecil,
    You're right, it's not the solution I'm looking for. But I appreciate your tips nevertheless.

Regards,
    Bruce.