Thread: Clicking on "Other" address searches only street, ignores city, state, zip.

Clicking on "Other" address searches only street, ignores city, state, zip.

I have a contact in DejaContacts, and when I tap on her Home address, it goes to Google Maps with the city, but no state.

I just added a 2nd address ("Other" type), and although city, state and zip are given, when I tap it, it only passes Street address to it, not city or state, and looks for a street with the same or similar name in my current location. For example, her 2nd address is, say, "123 Main Road, Reno, NV 12345". It looks for "123 Main" locally and finds "123 Main Street, San Francisco, CA" (I live in San Francisco) instead.

Is this a known issue? I'm not sure if DejaOffice is sometimes not passing all the info, or if Google Maps is ignoring part of it, or what. In no case is the state displayed. In some cases, for example when using a French address, eg (not a real address, but imagine it is a real one):

123, rue General Leclerc
    Paris 12345
    France

... Google Maps says "Searching for "123," and that's it. It *does* seem to go to the right place, but it doesn't display the search string correctly.

So it seems a toss-up whether the right info is passed to Google Maps (or if Google Maps is interpreting it correctly).

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

On a side note, when address autocomplete is on, if autocomplete fills in a city/state combo, it seems to erase the address, even though I'm not editing the address. I have to then go back and enter it, and it keeps on offering me local addresses even though city/state are already supplied and are elsewhere.

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android