Thread: Database can not be located

Database can not be located

I have been using Deja Office now for a few weeks on my Nook. Today when I clicked on the app, it says "DejaOffice could not locate your database". Have I lost all of my information? I have not done a backup and do not have a program to sync with. The options to click on are "Try Again" "Restore a backup" and "Create a new database". Is there any way to retrieve the information?

Did you restart the Nook? Sometimes you get that message if you tried to open Deja Office before the SD card was fully mounted. Please give more details about your setup.. what version of nook, what OS version, Deja Office version, Companion Link version and what computer OS and version. If you put all this information in your signature (click on settings at top of page), then every time you ask a question, that important information will be visible.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

My post is 2 beneath yours. I'm having an issue that's very similar to yours. I'm really hoping that someone can help us.

See my post at: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...st-of-the-time

My post is 2 above yours. I'm having a very similar issue. I'm really hoping that someone can solve this issue. I LOVED DJO prior to getting a new phone and updating Companionlink.

Here's a link to my post: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...st-of-the-time

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
    DJ Version: 2.3.3
    Companion Link: 5.0 Build 5048
    Sync with: Palm Desktop 4.2
    Android OS: Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Curiously, this just happened to me in the doctor's office. I rebooted the phone and it was fixed. Before I rebooted I checked another calendar app that used the SD card (Pimlical) and it was fine, so it didn't seem to be a true problem with the SD card. However, a reboot fixed the problem with Deja Office.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I have a Nook tablet. Yes, I tried to reboot the Nook and it still gave me the same message. I ended up just creating a new database. Do you know how I can save all of the information that I have entered onto my SD card? Just in case it happens again so I don't lose all of the contact info and schedule again.

Just make a backup of the CLUSB folder.