Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syncing modified recurring appointments

fanofdmb, welcome to the forum.

1. Are you synchronizing to Android Calendar at all? Android Calendar will cause this type of problem, so we do not recommend it.

In DejaOffice Settings, Sync Settings, go to "Sync with Android Calendar App". Make sure this is UNCHECKED.

2. In Outlook, you say you change the time of the recurring appointment. In this case in Outlook it will prompt "Change all events" or "Change this Instance?" Which of these do you select?

I do not use the native Android calendar at all, only DJO.

I am changing only one occurrence, not the series.

ETA - it also happens if I add location info to one even (not the series). for instance, I'll make a note of a payment made on a Wednesday appointment of a M-F repeating series. I put this in "location" so that it shows up on month view. that also causes the event to disappear from my phone so I do not think it is linked to time changes only, but all modifications to a single event of a repeating series.
    Last edited by fanofdmb; 10-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Hello,
    I too have experienced some problems when changing recurring appointments in Outlook.

I have a weekly appointment that I add a different note on each individual instance ("Change this Instance?"). I remember at once that all occurrences were showing in DJO. Then, after a sync (I do not know if there were any changes made to a recurring appointment), all the recurring appointments were gone from DJO. However, they all remained in Outlook, so nothing was lost but I do not have the appointment info from the mobile.

I do not sync to the native Android calendar.
    I am about to recreate each recurring appointments as individual ones but this is time consuming.

Thanks for any help,

Richard
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M), Android 4.2.2 French/English, DJO 2.5.7 (518)
    Home/Office: Win8 Pro x64, Outlook 2010 French/English, CL 6.0.0 (6004) --- Local Wi-Fi Sync
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

fanodbm, welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing you are looking at the wrong spot for your appointments. Please look using DejaCalendar and not the native Android Calendar.

When you make a "Change this instance" in Outlook, you are making an exception to a recurring record.

Android does not allow one-time exceptions. They have no way of showing it. On Android, when you make a "Change this and future" it changes the entire pattern. This system is used for Android Native Calendar, and also Google Sync calendar.

CompanionLink synchronize Outlook data to the extent it can be shown. The whole reason we built DejaOffice is to be able to show items that cannot be shown in Android Calendar.

To Add a shortcut to DejaCalendar, go to Android Desktop; Long press to add a Shortcut, Choose "Apps and Widgets", and then choose "Widgets" and "DejaOffice 1x1". There will be a number of choices for Daily, Weekly Calendar view. You should be able to see your data there.

Note: DejaOffice will reflect Outlook formats then used with CompanionLink USB, Wi-Fi, DejaCloud, CLSH systems. If you choose to synchronize through another companies system like Google Sync, Outlook formats will NOT be supported in DejaOffice. We can only synchronize the data we see.

DJOCTO,
    I guess your last post was an answer to mine. If not, I think it does apply. Thanks for the explanation.

I am not syncing to nor using the native Android Calendar. I am only using DejaCalendar and I am syncronizing using CompanionLink 5074 through local Wi-Fi.

So, if I understand correctly, my recurring appointments with exceptions should be syncing properly to DejaCalendar.

This is where I have a problem. None of those appointments are showing in DejaCalendar.

Thanks for any help,

- Richard
    Home/Office: Win8 Pro x64, Outlook 2010 French/English, CL 6.0.0 (6004) --- Local Wi-Fi Sync
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

rpes, welcome to the forum

> So, if I understand correctly, my recurring appointments with exceptions should be syncing properly to DejaCalendar.

Yes, these should all show just fine. The most common thing people report is that they have the wrong folder selected in Outlook. Many people have similar data in a backup folder, and sometimes map this to sync.

1. Go to Outlook, and look at your folders. Make sure they have unique name, and that you only have one "Personal Folder".

2. Go to CompanionLink settings, and check your Outlook Settings, Outlook folder name. Make sure the name matches.

3. Add a non-recurring single-instance appointment, and sync it. Make sure this works.

I really can't think of another case where a single instance exception would not show in DejaOffice Calendar

Thanks for your help.
    As a matter of fact, I do have many other non-recurring single-instance appointments as well as other recurring with no exception. All do sync properly. The only problem I have is with recurring with exception. Strange...

Update: I have duplicated (in Outlook) a few instances of recurring appointments with exception as individual non-recurring ones and, by some magic, all instances of recurring with exception in Outlook are now showing in DejaOffice. However, only one instance of each duplicated instances are showing in DejaOffice. Still strange...
    Last edited by rpes; 11-18-2013 at 07:57 AM.