Thread: Problem with router connection

Problem with router connection

Hi,

Since a few days, I have the following problem:

Every morning when coming at office, I am starting my PC and my router. CL synchronizes fine my Android device and my PC via Wifi
    In the evening, before leaving office, to establish a connection between my smartphone and my PC, I have to reboot my modem
    otherwize I can't have a connection. But before rebooting the modem , I still have an internet connection via Wifi.
    The problem is not CL because before rebooting the modem , I can't have a ftp connection between my Android device and my PC via Wifi

Any suggestion please?

Thank you.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Just a couple of suggestions have you tried exiting from DejaOffice and re-opening it before your evening sync? Another idea is to try rebooting and the phone. These suggestions check to see if there is something getting stuck in DejaOffice or your phone after your morning sync.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Hi Daniel

Just a couple of suggestions have you tried exiting from DejaOffice and re-opening it before your evening sync? Another idea is to try rebooting and the phone. These suggestions check to see if there is something getting stuck in DejaOffice or your phone after your morning sync.

Thank you for your suggestion but
    Like I have explained, it has nothing to do with CL and DJO because I can't connect my phone with my pc using a wifi connection until I reboot my modem.

the syncing is done thru the router and the wifi it produces..a modem (or internet ) is not being used for syncing (unless cloud syncing)

your router appears to ber assigning a different ip address to the phone each time..while companion link looks for one specific ip....

try going into your router and into the DCHP reservation list . Then reserve the phones ip address ....

now your phone will log on to wifi using the same ip each time and the companion link when only look for this one ip

see how i reserved "BRUCES" phone (look in next post down)

p.s. ..i started out using direct pc cable for syncing but then changed to wifi and found it much more reliabable
    Last edited by ForBruce; 01-26-2013 at 12:11 PM.

DHCP.jpg

my reservation list..top is always the same ENDING ip number

Hi ForBruce,

Thank you for your suggestion but my phone has already a reserved Ip address. I think that
    it is a hardware problem with my router.
    Daniel