Thread: Palm Calendar vs Date Book, Contacts vs Address Book etc

Palm Calendar vs Date Book, Contacts vs Address Book etc

Hello hello

I'm currently at the evaluation stage with CompanionLink and DejaOffice, and am trying to sync from Palm Desktop 6.2 to an Apple Device.

As my subject suggests, in Palm Desktop there are two options for equivalent sections of the program: Calendar/Date Book, Contacts/Address Book, Tasks/To Dos and Memos/Memo Pad. For a number of years I have been using Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos, and they have different records to Date Book, Address Book, To Dos and Memo Pad. CompanionLink only seems to sync with the latter, but I require it to sync with the former.

Is there a magic button to make my wish come true, or is there a simple method to update my Date Book with the data in my Calendar?

Would appreciate any assistance.
    Stuzz

Stuzz, now you've confused me.

Palm has used both "Date Book" and "Calendar" in different versions of their products. But the fields are identical, and CompanionLink supports all versions.

Maybe you can explain to me what happens when you synchronize your Date Book to DejaOffice Calendar. Are you running into an error or a problem? It should all work great!

I'll try to clarify (but I'm just as confused)...

In Palm Desktop 6.2.2, down the left hand side are the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks buttons to switch the view to those sections. If I right-click in the area and select 'Customize' I can show or hide different buttons. In there is a button called 'Date'. If I select it to be shown, I will now see a button for Calendar and Date. Currently, the events that exist in Date view are different to the events that exist in the Calendar view. As I mentioned I've been using Calendar for a long time, so I believe the events in Date are effectively my Calendar events prior to me switching to use Calendar.

Now, in CompanionLink when I choose Apple Device, Local Wi-Fi Sync and Palm Desktop 6.2, the events that show on DejaCalendar after the sync is complete corresponds to the events in the Date view in Palm Desktop, and not the events from the Calendar view in Palm Desktop.

Make sense?

Due to lack of interest I guess this thread can go to thread heaven.

I think though the course of it I've answered my own question anyway. It seems in my case, when I upgraded from Palm 4 to Palm 6 years ago the Palm 4 data (named Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts) came across. Also, the new data (Date Book, To Dos, Memo Pad and Address Book) in Palm 6 was also available. However, in Palm 6 the Palm 4 data is more aesthetically pleasing since the categories have colour compared to the eternally drab Palm 6 grey, so I continued to use Calendar and not Date book, and Tasks instead of To Dos etc.

Therefore, even though I'm running the Palm 6 program I'm using Palm 4 data and need to set CompanionLink to sync Palm 4 rather than 6.