Thread: Can't Add Contact. Apple Contacts issue?

Can't Add Contact. Apple Contacts issue?

I have been happily using Deja Office on my IPhone for a couple months, and it seemed to be working and synching with my Palm Desktop perfectly. I recently updated to DO 1.4.5.

I noticed that I can't add a new contact on my IPhone. I can do so on my Palm Desktop OK, and it synchs the new record fine to my phone. But when I try to enter a new contact on my Phone, it seems like everything is OK, but then it never saves it. I tried it a few times with no luck.

This was also about the time I chose the "Synch with Apple's Contacts" option in the Synch Settings options. I did this because I wanted to be able to pull some contacts to add to my Phone Favorites, and I thought this was the only way to do that.

Here's something strange. The records that I tried to add to the DO Contacts that vanished? They are there in the Apple Contacts. So without wanting to, I added them there, but not in the DO Contacts. Weird.

I tried to un-synch the Apple Contacts, thinking there might be a conflict, but it is confusing to figure out how that is done; it appears that option is always checked. I also thought about deleting all the Apple Contacts, but couldn't figure out how.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

David

db4570 - It sounds like your contacts are getting saved into the DejaOffice database, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sync with the native Apple contacts. My guess is that they're just getting filtered out of the DejaContacts view, so that they aren't visible.

Check to see if you have a category filter in place. You can check by going to DejaOffice contacts, then tapping the directly below the navigation bar to open the category picker. Try changing this to "All Categories" to see if it fixes the issue.

Aha! That's it. All my contacts are in several different categories. I'll have to remember to assign a category with every new contact.

What is the purpose of synching with Apple Contacts, which I don't use except to add to my phone Favorites. Can I un-synch it?

Thanks,

David