Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to move DB from SD card to internal memory?

Exclamation How to move DB from SD card to internal memory?

The problem is when I do anything with DejaOffice latest version DejaOffice is very bad in responce.
    I mean after any action it takes about 1-3 seconds to give a feedback or take an action (open contact, create new taask and so on). I pretty shure this is not an Android lagging.

Again all the information:
    My DejaOffice database on SD card has size of 2.4 mb
    T-mobile G2 with android 4.2 on it (the same lagging was on every android OS version I have on phone - from 2.2,2.3,4.0,4.1,4.2)

My idea:
    In this situation I pretty shure this lagging is because of SD card is much more slowly than internal memory, that is why every sql query need much time to be executed. If DB will be in internal memory, this lagging will go away.
    If DejaOffice team do this, the only problem I see is that syncing with PC using direct USB mode will not work. But it is absolutely real to move DB from internal memory to SD card if user select direct USB mode in DjO settings, so this is not problem at all.

Team, is this real to DjO not be so laggy by moving DB to internal memory?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 stock 4.2.2
    DejaOffice v2.5.1
    CompanionLink build 5070
    Outlook 2013 and Windows 7
    DejaConnect USB sync

Just a suggestion try uninstalling DJO after syncing, take out the SD card then reinstall DJO then everything should be on internal memory.

This assuming you have enough internal memory, my installation has about 400k database file and the clusb folder is 11.2M.

I don't know for certain but I think all of DJO needs to be same folder so I don't think you can move the DJO database on its own.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Thank you for your answer but as I can see, DjO stores all the data on SD card in any case.

So changes needs to be done in program itself.

Support people, can you say, do you plan to add ability to store database in internal memory instead of storinf base on SD card only?
    DejaOffice v2.5.1
    CompanionLink build 5070
    DejaConnect USB sync

Also I have a lag of 3 secs when opening DjO contacts. My DjO db is 1 MB, but i have 1300 contacts.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Thank you for your answer but as I can see, DjO stores all the data on SD card in any case.

So changes needs to be done in program itself.

Support people, can you say, do you plan to add ability to store database in internal memory instead of storinf base on SD card only?
    Here's a short clarification of how DejaOffice works with Android:

-By default, the application installs to the internal memory. "Internal memory" refers to the phone's storage area reserved for the OS & applications.
    -The actual DejaOffice database is stored on the internal SD card (which most devices come with). This is different than 'internal memory'. The file is located in the 'clusb' folder.

It isn't possible to move the DejaOffice database out of the 'clusb' folder. We would have to reprogram the application to do that. A better approach may be to look at why the application is so slow.

How many records are you syncing? Are you syncing to the Android applications - and if so - is Google sync turned off? (This can slow things down).

If you install a previous version of DejaOffice, is the lag still present?

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/oldbuilds

Ok, lets see.
    Contacts: 2146
    Calendar: 444
    Tasks: 153

I sync contacts to native program, but not calendar. Lagging was always here. But when it was android 2.1 and everythyng was very lagging it was ok. Now on android 4 this lagging is not good.
    DjO lags after any action (open tasks or calendar lists, open any one item, and so on). I shure this is because DB is stored on SD card which is much slower than internal memory on all devices that have real microsd (maybe this is not a problem on devices like a Nexus 4 where SD card is virtual place in real internal memory).
    DejaOffice v2.5.1
    CompanionLink build 5070
    DejaConnect USB sync

Go the other way? (i.e. put clusb on the external SD card if present)

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    -By default, the application installs to the internal memory. "Internal memory" refers to the phone's storage area reserved for the OS & applications.
    -The actual DejaOffice database is stored on the internal SD card (which most devices come with). This is different than 'internal memory'. The file is located in the 'clusb' folder.

It isn't possible to move the DejaOffice database out of the 'clusb' folder. We would have to reprogram the application to do that.
    Is there a technical reason (as opposed to a business or dev/qa resources) reason for that? I've got a Galaxy Note 2 with a large external SD card, and I'd like to move as many apps' data to the card as possible in order to reserve the internal memory/SDCard for app installations themselves. Being able to put the clusb folder on my external SD card would be very useful.

I know that on my old Motorola Droid X running Gingerbread, the clusb folder *was* on the external card; it was a bit of a surprise to me when I moved the card to the new device and DJO didn't see it.
    Rob Freundlich

Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Android 4.1.2/Kernel Version 3.0.31-1098177
    DJO Version 2.5.4 (500)
    CL Version 5070
    Palm Desktop Version 4.1/Windows 7 64-bit
    Local WiFi Sync

*bump*

I'like to move DO's data to the external sd-Card, too. Any chance to do this?

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

While it might be able to be done, I'm betting it is non-trivial and would probably introduce some customer support complexities. I'm pretty sure (I'm guessing-- I have no access to the code) that DJO installs the data base, as it always has, to the SD Card. The problem is that Google decided to change what Android sees as the SD card, which is determined by what is mounted at the device /SDCARD. Android now mounts the internal storage memory to that location, as Belinda indicated, and it makes the actual physical SD card a sub-folder on the device /SDCARD. I'm sure Google did this because they were removing SD cards as an option. DJO didn't change. Android did.

The companion Link folks would have to create a whole new module that allows the user to select the location of the data folder, which would be nice, although it would make trouble shooting more complicated as people could end up picking different unique locations. Still, it would be nice if they did it. It will,however, be a major change coding-wise.
    Last edited by Hook; 06-10-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    I'like to move DO's data to the external sd-Card, too. Any chance to do this?
    Michael, actually I think this is do-able.

DejaOffice looks for the \clusb\ folder on each device. So to *try* it, please do the following:

1. In DejaOffice, hit "Exit" to exit all processes.
    2. Move \clusb\ to your SD Card
    3. Rename \clusb\ to \Xclusb\ on your main device memory. The reason for renaming is to "hide" it without deleting the data.
    4. Restart DejaOffice (You may need to exit again and restart again).

See if this will pick up your data file.