Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WiFi Sync "timeout"

WiFi Sync "timeout"

It happens quite often that I'm stuck in a strange looped situation:

---
    After turning device wi-fi on,

(1) I prepare wi-fi sync by turning on DJO;

I press "sync" key on CL;

but CL complains it cannot connect to device, "please verify IP address"...

...but every time I check, I see that IP address is correctly assigned to device;

I press "sync" key AGAIN on CL;

but CL complains that it cannot sync because sync "IS ALREADY RUNNING ON DEVICE"...

So I try to exit DJO, but DJO complain that it is syncing so it says "do you really want to exit?"

I force exit by pressing "yes" on DJO and I start again from the beginning at point (1).

---

Considering that this is happening when I'm in a rush leaving the office and I can get out of it but after a random number of trials,
    I miss the Palm days when everything was done by just pressing one key.

Apart from that, I think there is a slight timeout (or communication problem) between CL and DJO.
    I imagine that because I consider CL complains that sync is "already running" just one moment after it was telling to be unable to reach it (but it was able to start DJO sync anyway...).
    Last edited by NickStick; 01-30-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

UP.

Problem is still there. I still have same DJO & CL versions.

Have been this issue considered/solved in new versions?
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

I've noticed this also for some time. I'm using DJO on a tablet, so if I turn it ON and try to sync right away I'll have the issue but if I wait a few minutes I don't. I assume that DJO errors because the Android system is checking for updates, probably apps and WiFi is in use which it doesn't like.
    Last edited by wptski; 06-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    Bill

Nexus 10 Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 & KTManta Kernel
    Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi, Android ICS 4.0.3 DJ_Steve's beta4 ROM
    DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

wptski thanks for your reply.

The funny thing is that DJO complains about no connection (wrong IP or similar) and immediately after that it complains about sync already running ON DEVICE.

So, how can it be aware about a status of the device if it cannot connect to it due to an IP problem?

As a user (not a developer) I can imagine it's just a timeout problem.
    Probably a longer connection timeout would solve this annoyance.

I'd like to have some comments from DJO staff.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    wptski thanks for your reply.

The funny thing is that DJO complains about no connection (wrong IP or similar) and immediately after that it complains about sync already running ON DEVICE.

So, how can it be aware about a status of the device if it cannot connect to it due to an IP problem?

As a user (not a developer) I can imagine it's just a timeout problem.
    Probably a longer connection timeout would solve this annoyance.

I'd like to have some comments from DJO staff.

Regards.
    I assume that it's a bogus message but waiting a few minutes before SYNCing always works.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

Nope.
    Once "sync already running" goes off, no sync until djo is turned off, then on again.

Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    Nope.
    Once "sync already running" goes off, no sync until djo is turned off, then on again.
    When I turn ON my tablet the first time daily, needing to SYNC, I don't SYNC right away or I get the same errors as you. I just waiting a few minutes and it SYNC's with no errors.

Just booted my tab, waited exactly two minutes, it Sync'd with no problem which is after Android searched and updated my apps.
    Last edited by wptski; 06-16-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

I think you are right, that's why I asked the team if they can make the timeout a little longer... but still no answer about this issue...

Is a timeout or just the fact that DJO just wants to be the only app communicating or trying to with the device at that time?
    Bill

DJO v2.5.7
    CL v5.0 build 5076
    MS Outlook
    WiFi sync

I'm not a developer, just a power user. I can judge just on the symptoms...

That's a good idea, it could be as you wrote too.

Staff?

p.s. I tried to wait a while after turning wifi and DJO on and it seems sync flawlessly.
    It's difficult to wait when you're in a hurry to leave the office, but it's better than starting a battle with the sync....