Thread: sync android phone with android tablet

sync android phone with android tablet

Just installed Deja Office on a new android tablet. Does anyone know, How to sync my android phone Deja contacts with Tablet. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marksflyn View Post
    Just installed Deja Office on a new android tablet. Does anyone know, How to sync my android phone Deja contacts with Tablet. Thanks
    It would be helpful if you could provide information on you devices, Android versions, computer OS and version , what Orgaizer destop application you are syncing with and versions of Companion Link and Deja Office. If you put them in your signature, the information will always be there when you ask questions as these things make a difference on what answers are appropriate. See my signature as an example.

There are two possibilities. One is to upgrade to Companion Link Express. This allows you to have two sync profiles and you could sync the two devices to the same Organnizer (Outlook, Palm Desktop, etc), although I would have only one do a two way sync and have the other profile set delete all data on the handheld and rewrite the data from the desktop.

An easier solution might be to use the DejaCloud sync which doesn't require two profiles. You data is encrypted on Companion Links servers and both your devices can sync OTA to the server.

You should probably go to the Companion Link support pages and look though some of the documentation on these options. Feel free to come back here and ask more questions.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I have been using an Android phone and tablet for a while. See my signature for details of the setup I am using.

I have not had any problems syncing both ways on each setup. I am however careful not change the same record on the phone and tablet before a sync. The tablet is great for creating new entries and editing because the screen is larger and so is the keyboard.

Hook is correct in saying one option is to use Companionlink Express in conjunction with a PC and PIM program. Look at the list of supported PIMs on the Companionlink website. If you already have suitable PIM the with one off purchase of Companionlink you have no further on-going costs. Companionlink offer a 14 free trial. I would always be careful to backup any existing data on your computer before any experiments. You also need to be careful in setting up the sync so as not to create duplicate contacts. This is covered in several threads in this forum.

Hope this helps.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only