+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DejaOffice Contacts out of Sync with Android Contacts

Quote Originally Posted by JimS View Post
    Belinda,

I do have a specific category checked in Settings / Sync Settings / Sync Selected Categories. That is list_phone. The problem is that the missing records in the Android Contact app are unrelated to the categories. I can find no common factor in the missing records. DejaOffice records that have this category set are not being pushed to the Android app. I also have an issue with too many contacts being sent down from CompanionLink, and I have a support ticket open for that as well as this issue: [#NWN-221-41431).

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim -

This looks to be an issue specific to your setup. We'll troubleshoot with you in support, so as not to do double duty on the forums.

-Belinda

Belinda... Ticket ID: YEP-640-46636. To your specific question above, if I access Google contacts from my laptop, I have a total of 417 contacts with 270 of those categorized as active (the ones I'd like to have in the native android ap). The DejaContacts on both my phone and tablet appear to reflect this, but when I follow your instructions, I show 143 records in the Google account, and 0 (Zero) in the Deja Office account. Note this seems to be exactly what happened to damjang. And, by the way, I have repeatedly checked my display settings, etc. to include everything even though that's not what I want.

I should probably note this count was after following the most recent instructions from support. My exchange with support is a bit long to post here and besides, so far nothing suggested has resolved the problem--including a "work around" that involved using Google Contacts.

I think support has come to the conclusion there is, in fact, an issue with DeJaOffice. The last sentence of the last email was, "Hopefully we will have the issue resolved completely in our next release of DejaOffice." Given there seem to be a few of us having the same issue (and for Jim, who's been using the software for a while the problem has only existed since the last update) I'm not inclined to accept the idea it's our settings. I'm "happy" to try things and work with support, but as Maslow said, "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail." At some point, it becomes apparent the problem may not be with what the users are or are not doing.
    Last edited by WalterB; 02-09-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: typo

Is DejaOffice nuking my Android contacts?

Hi:

Obviously new to the forum and about a month in using DejaOffice.

The phone is a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Since the DO install, at some point, all my Android Contacts disappear. I first noticed this in the Phone and Message apps. All of a sudden, people's names are no longer displayed, only their numbers in recent calls and text chats.

Then looking at Contacts, I find they're all gone. Initially I re-imported them as I did when I first got the phone, then from reading a bit here, I changed some settings, re-start the phone and they all re-appear.

I presently have DO synch'ing to the native Contacts app and DO contacts as an account.

I'd prefer to work this out before uninstalling DO to see if it is in fact causing this problem.

Any further ideas/help is appreciated.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by WalterB View Post
    Belinda... Ticket ID: YEP-640-46636. To your specific question above, if I access Google contacts from my laptop, I have a total of 417 contacts with 270 of those categorized as active (the ones I'd like to have in the native android ap). The DejaContacts on both my phone and tablet appear to reflect this, but when I follow your instructions, I show 143 records in the Google account, and 0 (Zero) in the Deja Office account. Note this seems to be exactly what happened to damjang. And, by the way, I have repeatedly checked my display settings, etc. to include everything even though that's not what I want.

I should probably note this count was after following the most recent instructions from support. My exchange with support is a bit long to post here and besides, so far nothing suggested has resolved the problem--including a "work around" that involved using Google Contacts.

I think support has come to the conclusion there is, in fact, an issue with DeJaOffice. The last sentence of the last email was, "Hopefully we will have the issue resolved completely in our next release of DejaOffice." Given there seem to be a few of us having the same issue (and for Jim, who's been using the software for a while the problem has only existed since the last update) I'm not inclined to accept the idea it's our settings. I'm "happy" to try things and work with support, but as Maslow said, "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail." At some point, it becomes apparent the problem may not be with what the users are or are not doing.
    Walter -

We're going to continue this conversation in Support - not here on the forums - since we're doing double duty.

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Also - you can check the record count in the Android application. To do so, open DejaOffice Settings > Sync Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the menu, and tap on Delete Android Contacts. This will *not* automatically delete records - instead, it'll show you a list of the different accounts in the Android contact app. The accounts will show the number of records they house. This should help you know how many records are in the DejaOffice account vs others. Please let us know what you see.
    Thank you for this hint, but is it possible to know also how many contacts are in DejaContacts itself?
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    Thank you for this hint, but is it possible to know also how many contacts are in DejaContacts itself?
    There isn't an easy way to check in DejaOffice - but you can check the CompanionLink record count on the computer to compare.

So, I did a test:
    1) Do a sync DJO > DejaCloud and in DejaCloud webpage I see Contacts: 1316 Calendar: 23 Tasks: 13 Notes: 40 Journal: 9
    2) In DJO SyncSettings delete all contacts from Android Contacts App
    3) in my Palm Desktop 6.2 delete all data (data, categories etc.)
    4) Make a sync with all data Android to Palm Desktop with DirectConnect USB (ADB mode) (in CL selected Reread Palm desktop data on next sync & Reread Android data on next sync, no Optimized update sync)
    5) The result in Companionlink Contacts: 1312 Calendar: 4 Tasks: 0 Notes: 0
    6) redo the sync like 4) without select the 2 Reread data)
    7) The result in Companionlink Contacts: 1313 Calendar: 4 Tasks: 5 Notes: 40 - Then redo another 3 times the sync with same results
    8) I also verify how many contacts are now in Android Contacts: 32 records (why this???)

Then I don't try an inverse sync from palm Desktop to DJO, because there is something wrong with DJO > Palm sync and in Palm I don't have all DJO data...
    My wish is not to have the sync with Palm Desktop (that I don't use anymore), but have all my contacts in Android Contact app and possibly syncronized without Companionlink > PalmDesktop and back

Regards
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Ron. I have exactly the same phone and exactly the same problem. Did you get a solution?

Any update on this seemingly common problem?
    Mobile Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Android Version: 7.1
    DJO Version: 4.2.3 (build 947)
    CompanionLink Build: 6048
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

If all the contacts show in DejaOffice, but not in Android Contacts, it is just a matter of checking the display settings.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...cts&oldid=4841

+ Reply to Thread