Thread: DejaOffice 1.4.0: Keeps asking for Wi-Fi

DejaOffice 1.4.0: Keeps asking for Wi-Fi

Recently, each time I turn in the iTouch w DO running, I get a "reminder" about WiFi. I deleted and reinstalled the app, and still I get it. What's the point? I never had it before, and I don't want to a) keep WiFi turned on all the time just for DO, and b) don't need to be reminded by this app that I have made that choice.

~R~
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.3.7.1018
    CompanionLink: 6.0.0.0.6048
    Sync Method: USB File Xfer mod - shows in Windows file manager
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4

Hey Ninetrees - Not sure on this one. What's does the reminder message you're getting say? Where are you seeing it (i.e. in DejaOffice or somewhere else on the device)?

Tow of us are getting the same message (different users, different computers, different iTouches): As soon as we start DO, or, if DO is running, every time we swap to it, we get a message to turn off airplane mode or use WiFi to access data. Two buttons: Settings or OK. This seem to be after the upgrade to 1.4. I tried deleting DO and reinstalling it. Same.

~R~

Update: Here is what I just did. Because the last sync apparently deleted all but a few records from the Touch, I synced by having CL delete all the records before syncing. Then I synced, and starter browsing records in contacts, the calendar, and memos. After a bit, I swapped to Settings and turned on Airplane Mode. As soon as I swapped back to DO, I got the WiFi message. Might be Apple, but I don't use any cloud services, and I usually run in airplane mode.

~R~
    Last edited by Ninetrees; 02-05-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.3.7.1018
    CompanionLink: 6.0.0.0.6048
    Sync Method: USB File Xfer mod - shows in Windows file manager
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4

Ninetrees - Okay. We made a small change to WiFi in version 1.4.0, which, apparently, can cause this message if you're in Airplane Mode. This should be fixed in version 1.4.2, which is the version AFTER the next release (the next release, version 1.4.1, is already awaiting publication). Thanks for the report.