Thread: Trouble syncing new Samsung Galaxy 3 phone

Trouble syncing new Samsung Galaxy 3 phone

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy 3 and am trying to synchronize to DJO without success. My first issue is that I am not seeing a way to set the USB connection setting. The only option is connected as a media device. None other is shown. I did check to make sure USB debugging is enabled and I downloaded the adb drivers on my PC. Companionlink is set to Dejaconnect USB. When I click on Sync on my phone it says to start the sync in companionlink on the PC. But nothing is working. When I tried again I got a message that I need a CDC driver.

What to I do.

I have Companionlink Build 5050 on my PC and DJO 2.3.5. on my phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    DejaOffice 2.3.5.
    Companionlink version 4.0 Build 5050
    Data manager app Outlook 7 and ACT but I sync to Outlook
    Sync via DejaConnect USB
    Sync all categories contacts
    Sync all categories calendar
    Contact account - nancypete gmail
    Calendar account nancypete1@gmail.com
    Cell Phone: 508:284:0883

If WiFi is an option it may be worth trying if you don't get other suggestions on the USB setup. I gave up trying to get any USB connection to work on my Nexus. I think the HTC drivers clashed with the vanilla drivers. WiFi can sometimes be slow but it works for me.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Cecil, I have HTC drivers from my Nexus One and, using the ADB download from ComapnionLink, I had no trouble getting my Nexus & to use Dejaconnect sync. Just FYI. Sorry if it doesn't work for you (And I did it twice, originally on my old XP laptop, now on my new Win 7 desktop.)
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I tried doing a Wi-Fi sync after changing the settings in DJO on my phone and Companionlink. It still fails. I still don't have any contact on my phone!
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    DejaOffice 2.3.5.
    Sync via DejaConnect USB

Nancy (Pete?), with the Samsung G SIII, you can't connect it as a USB drive. That's Android 4+. You have to use the Dejaconnect USB method, which requires having the right ADB USB drivers. If you have Kies installed, you may already have the correct drivers for Dejaconnect. If not, follow the instructions here:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaConnect_USB

and here:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaConnect_USB

The way Dejaconnect works is you simply open Deja Office on your S3, CL on your computer and connect the USB cable. You don't even care what kind of USB connection is being offered. If you have the CL settings to connect when cable is plugged in, it will start by itself. Otherwise, pres the Sync button on CL.

That's how it works for me, but I don't have an S3

Hope this helps
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Thanks so much for your help. I did already follow all these steps, and still get the same error message. 'Unable to find an Android device. Ensure the driver is installed, the device is connected and USB Debugging is turned on." I have followed all these steps. It is still not working. This is SO frustrating and I have STILL not heard from CompanionLink.
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    DejaOffice 2.3.5.
    Sync via DejaConnect USB

File a trouble report with support. Honestly, this forum isn't the center of their attention-- there are only 100 or so active members here, and lets face it, they would be bankrupt if that were the size of their customer base. I suspect they have a very small staff and customer support tickets probably come first.

I don't speak for them, I'm only making guesses, but there seem to be long periods when we really don't hear from them much on this forum.

I did finally hear from support last night via email - they were suggesting everything I had already done. So I was able to connect with them by phone today, and, for no reason that I can understand the sync magically started working. We did not make ANY changes. Go figure... Any way I was finally able to connect via DejaConnect USB. All set...

Thanks to everyone for your advice!
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    DejaOffice 2.3.5.
    Sync via DejaConnect USB