Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to synch when using a new computer

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83

    How to synch when using a new computer

    Hi,

    I am using CL with Outlook and I am synchronizing via Wifi. My Pc has a Windows 7 OS.
    I am intending to format my Pc and reinstall everything , still with Windows 7.

    I suppose that to avoid problems, the first time that I will use Cl , I will have to synchronize
    on a"one way basis" and Reread Android data on next synch.

    The problem is that by rereading Android data, I will loose all my different ringtones assigned to contacts

    Is there a way to keep my old CL settings ? ( a *.ini file, a registry key or another file that I can copy from my old PC
    to the new one?

    Thanks for help.

    Daniel

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by danielf View Post
    Hi,
    The problem is that by rereading Android data, I will loose all my different ringtones assigned to contacts
    Why do you think that you loose settings in DejaOffice?
    Reread Android data in CL reads data back data from DejaOffice, not from native Android.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Why do you think that you loose settings in DejaOffice?
    Reread Android data in CL reads data back data from DejaOffice, not from native Android.
    I think that when you synchronize on a "one way basis" , it will delete all the records from the destination but maybe I am
    wrong.

    Daniel

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    If I get you correct, then DejaOffice on your Android is your main and up-to-date data source, right. If that's the case, I'd proceed as follows with the new PC and new Outlook:
    - Make sure that OL is empty in the data types you want to sync a new set of data to (empty contacts, empty calendar ..)
    - Set Reread Outlook Data on next sync in CL options menu
    - In the advanced settings in CL, in the Applications tab, select the data types to sync and select Android to Outlook for each
    - Still in the Applications tab, set Android as the primary database
    - Perform a sync
    This should get you a full fresh copy of all selected data types to OL.
    After the successful first data transfer, go back to the Applications tab in the advanced settings and change the Sync direction for the data types as well as the Deletion Preference as you desire.

    HTH
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    If I get you correct, then DejaOffice on your Android is your main and up-to-date data source, right. If that's the case, I'd proceed as follows with the new PC and new Outlook:
    - Make sure that OL is empty in the data types you want to sync a new set of data to (empty contacts, empty calendar ..)
    - Set Reread Outlook Data on next sync in CL options menu
    - In the advanced settings in CL, in the Applications tab, select the data types to sync and select Android to Outlook for each
    - Still in the Applications tab, set Android as the primary database
    - Perform a sync
    This should get you a full fresh copy of all selected data types to OL.
    After the successful first data transfer, go back to the Applications tab in the advanced settings and change the Sync direction for the data types as well as the Deletion Preference as you desire.

    HTH
    McL
    Hi McLion

    Thank you for your answer but it doesn't go because Outlook is my main up-to-date primary source.

    Daniel

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    518
    In this case, you will probably move your OL pst file to the new computer. I'd do a one-way sync from OL to DJO (opposite settings in same places as described before) as first sync with the new setup to make sure OL data stays untouched. After that, check the data in DJO. If you don't have duplicates or missing data you're good to proceed as usual.
    If the data is corrupt, you need the option Wipe all record on Android before sync. What I don't know is if DJO is able to keep your settings for the contacts with some trick. Maybe someone from the staff can jump in here and may have a solution for this.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •