Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED Beta Release - DejaOffice v1.6.1 for Android

DejaOffice Team

Lightbulb UPDATED Beta Release - DejaOffice v1.6.1 for Android

Here is an UPDATED Beta release for DejaOffice - v1.6.1. Release notes are below.

To download this release, enter this link on your phone. It will bring you to a web page you can use to download the beta. Look under the green box for the special beta link. Scroll further down for installation instructions.

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

NOTE: Beta releases may not be tested with AT&T Backflip because AT&T does not allow downloads outside Android Market.

DejaOffice v1.6.1 (8/4/2010)
    *changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end
    *fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note
    *fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC
    *fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high
    *fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
    *fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly
    *fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead
    *fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

Hi,

Already testing it...

*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
    Thanks ! I was about to post a bug for French characters...

Regards

Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

Can you pls give us some more detailed step by step instructions to follow to download the Beta release(s) to our Android 2.2 phones?
    (even some hints to find the right directories, will help)

Thanks
    Bob

Well, in this beta task alarms still doesn't work.
    Nor synced from palm desktop, nor manually created.

Does task alarms works for anyone?

DejaOffice Team
    Bob-
    I posted instructions in the post above. Where are you having trouble?

Hi,

Previously, there were a "Logging" setting in the General Settings screen.
    What happens to it in version 1.6.1b ?

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    DejaOffice 1.5.0 (06-09-2010)
    * Added "Log Android DB" button to General Settings. Dumps the android db to the log file. Only available if logging is on.
    * Added "Email Log" button to General Settings. Zips the log and db file, and pops up an email with the attachment filled in. Only available if logging is on.
    * Added "Logging" setting to General Settings screen
    * Automatically turn off logging after 2 days

Jason
    Finally got it working but now there appears to be an issue with the sync and duplicate records.
    Also-- I noticed the record counts being sync'd are no longer displayed.
    I encourage you to bring those back and maybe even expand them as mentioned in another post.
    eg it would be impt to show records added, changed, deleted or counts before and after, at least until
    users build the confidence that everything is working as it should.

By example, when I created one new record in DejaOffice on the Android and performed the sync,
    Outlook shows the one record added, but now DejaOfice shows 5 of the same record on
    the Android -- but still only the one (proper) record in Outlook.

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Bob-
    I posted instructions in the post above. Where are you having trouble?

Have 1.6.1 installed on my HTC Evo, have CompanionLink installed on my PC. When I sync from the phone, it quickly flashes messages about mounting and syncing. But then it displays a "Press OK when the PC sync is complete" screen that never disappears. How am I supposed to know when the PC sync is complete? If I press OK after several minutes, none of my Outlook contacts, calendar appointments, etc. appear on the phone, even though I have configured CompanionLink to sync all those things.

I am getting discouraged at how hard this is turning out to be. Any advice?

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by goudreau View Post
    Have 1.6.1 installed on my HTC Evo, have CompanionLink installed on my PC. When I sync from the phone, it quickly flashes messages about mounting and syncing. But then it displays a "Press OK when the PC sync is complete" screen that never disappears. How am I supposed to know when the PC sync is complete? If I press OK after several minutes, none of my Outlook contacts, calendar appointments, etc. appear on the phone, even though I have configured CompanionLink to sync all those things.

I am getting discouraged at how hard this is turning out to be. Any advice?

When you see the "Press OK..." button this means that DejaOffice should have mounted the SD card to the PC. CompanionLink should see it and start a sync. (You'll know if it synced b/c it will pop up).

There are 2 things to check for.
    1. Does the SD card actually mount? Check My Computer to see if the USB Drive/SD card mounted to the PC.
    2. Is CompanionLink running? If CL is configured for Android USB sync then it should be either running in the foreground, or minimized to the system tray.

Installed the 1.6.1 beta on my HTC Magic. Unfortunately, I am finding it horrifically slow. 10-15 seconds to show calendar after tapping the icon (via widget or within DejaOffice menu). 10 seconds to switch views. dejaTasks, dejaContacts and dejaNotes run lickety-split. Just Calendar is dog slow.

unloaded 1.6.1, reinstalled 1.5.8... no slowdown

reloaded 1.6.1 and tied to sync.. after 3-5minutes the phone displayed a message that the application had shutdown unexpectedly. Completely repeatable even after shutdown/battery removed/restart.

back to 1.5.8...
    ---
    John (Vicntc)
    HTC Magic Plus / Android 1.5 / Rogers 3G / CL USB 4.0.4004 / DejaOffice 1..6.1b