+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to access SD card

Unable to access SD card

Today I had the message "Unable to access SD card. Unmount your device from the PC and change your USB connect" when I tried to start DejaOffice. No access to contacts, calendar, tasks.

But my sd-card memory works fine. I didn't change any thing. I'm syncing over wifi with Outlook 2010.

The solution was to delete application data in DejaOffice, reestablish the wifi connection and make a new sync. Now it works fine again, but I'm afraid it may happens again.

What was the problem? How do prevent it from happens again?

Did you have your device connected to the PC by USB when this happened and did you have the option to mount the SD card to the PC activated?
    If yes, that was the cause. The SD card on the device can not be accessed simultaneously from the device and from the PC. Since DJO has it's data on the SD card it can not connect to its database while the device is connected to the PC and the SD card is unmounted from Android and shared to the PC.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Did you have your device connected to the PC by USB when this happened and did you have the option to mount the SD card to the PC activated?
    No, no cable at this moment, only wifi connection. But I connected dejaoffice and MyPhoneExplorer (only file transfer, no contact sync) over Wifi simultaniously. I do this every time I sync anything, so far without any problems.
    MyPhoneExplorer still worked, full access to sd-card and device, only DO reports no acces to sd-card.
    After resync all my contacts I detected I bigger problem: All my contact links on the homescreen (I have a lot of them) are corrupt now, I must rebuild them manually again.
    I don't see any option to mount an sd card to the PC, in developers options I didn't change anything (USB-Debugging is activated)

+ Reply to Thread