+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I turn off DejaJournal

How do I turn off DejaJournal

I have no need for the Deja Journal function. How do I turn it off. I don't want to accumlate journal entries everytime I complete a task.

I figured out how to keep it from syncing with Outlook and how to stop Prompt to Add Journal after every call.

But I still have to delete DejaJournal entries to keep them from accumulating.

Thanks,
    Mike

I did post a thread with exactly the same question a week ago.

I do not use DejaJournal and find it annoying that it automatically enters every task I complete.
    I do not know how to delete the complete badge of entries in DejaJournal and have to do it one by one.
    Which takes a lot of time.

I do use DejaTasks daily and therefore have a lot of automatic entries in DejaJournal, which I really do not want.

So my question is:
    Is it possible to cancel the automatic adding of completed tasks in DejaJournal?
    And/or is it possible to deactivate DejaJournal?

Thanks,

Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Lexie -

There is not currently a way to stop the automatic completion or deactivate DejaJournal. We're working on adding this as a setting for the next release.

-Belinda

Hello Belinda,

Thank you for your reply.
    That is great news.
    This is one of the reasons why I like Companionlink and Dejaoffice.
    Things really get fixed all the time.

Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Here is what I did to delete all Journal entries on my Android device. I deleted all my entries in Outlook which can be done by selecting all and delete. Then I changed the setting in Companion link to sync one way from Outlook to Android. Then in Companion Link I set the option to do a one time wipe on Android of Journals enries prior to syncing. My next sync cleared all the Journal entires on my Android device.
    CL 7.0 0.0 Build 7016
    DJO 4.1.4 Build 915
    USB sync
    DJO sync settings: sync with Android Contacts App, sync with Android Calendar App
    Droid RAZR HD not rooted
    Android Version 4.4.2
    Outlook 2013

+ Reply to Thread