Thread: Migrating Data successfully

Migrating Data successfully

My wife is a long time user of Deja Office on her My Touch 4G. She just bought a Samsung G3. We have not been successful in figuring out how we move data from the MyTouch to the Samsung. We tried goiong through Google, but that did not seem to work (only email addresses came across). Calendar info came across but unfortunately her Memo's did not and that is vital to her. Please explain how to cleanly move from one device to another???

Thanks in advance.

You probably can't use Direct USB (Mass storage mode) with the S3. You will have to either use wifi sync, DejaConnect or Dejacloud (requires a subscription, but probably the easiest to set-up and the most reliable). I use the DejaConnect option, which involves jumping through some hoops to set up but works well for me having done that.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ia_local_Wi-Fi

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaConnect_USB

http://www.companionlink.com/support...with_DejaCloud
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

That is what i did

Problems:

1. only email addresses came through from the cloud
    2. no memos came through at all

what do you suggest.

Thanks for responding Hook

By cloud, do you mean Google or DejaCloud? There is no real way to sync memos through Google because Google has no memo app. We probably need more details on what you have been trying to do (I.e., the steps you have been using).

Also, we need detailed information on your setup like I have in my signature. What desktop program are you syncing with? What OS? Which version? What versions of Companion Link and DJO? What version of Android. Etc. I you put this information in your signature, it will be there whenever you ask a question.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I am using DejaCloud. My old phone was a MyTouch 4G with DejaOffice on it. My new phone is a brand new phone with DejaOffice on it (Samsung SIII). I downloaded the paid version of CompanionLink yesterday, so I assume I'm using the latest version. I am not trying to sync with ANY desktop program, but since I had to choose I chose a PALM.

When I take the MicroSD card and put it back into the old phone I see the memo's. When I go to the new phone (with the same SD card) I don't see the memo's. Also the new data in Contacts is not the same as the old data in Contacts. Thanks. I believe the new phone is JellyBean 4.1 and the old phone is android, about 2 years old, but I cannot get to the version of the software but from the other phone I bought at the same time I believe it to be Android v2.3.4.

Thanks again for responding.

I would contact Companion Link support. There may be a number of things going on here. I'm not sure if the S3 usues the sd card as the SD card. Many Android 4.x devices, particularly Samsungs, use internal memory as the SD card and Deja Office simply looks where the system tells it to look for the "Sd Card." If that is the case, you may need to move the data on the card to internal memory to see it. However, I don't want to make assumptions when I am unfamiliar with your setup. Contact support and get a trouble ticket and they will work with you to get everything resolved.

If you are not using a desktop program, I'm not sure why you have Companion Link or what you are saying about PALM. Companion Link is only for syncing a desktop application (Palm Desktop, Outlook, ACT!, etc) with some device or cloud (Google, Dejacloud).

http://www.companionlink.com/support/contact.html
    Last edited by Hook; 02-24-2013 at 10:58 AM.