Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More homescreen link types

More homescreen link types

It's posible to start DO via different kinds of Homescreen link. That's fine. But mostly the links are not so useful, because the actions they fulfill are mostly only one click away from the main DO screen.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have more productivity direct links? What about:
    • create new task (maybe with a preset category)
    • create new appointment (maybe even inside some small calendar widget)
    • create new contact
    • open contacts/tasks list with a special filter (for instance "only private contacts", "only shopping tasks")

I know, it may be a little more difficult to manage the number of different shortcuts, but the productivity effect would be enormous.

Greetings, Halweg
    Last edited by halweg; 11-05-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Concerning similar current user requests: Please add at least filtered contact and task views as homescreen links!

It would be a great advantage to have private contacts, shopping tasks or contacts from my company via only one click accessible ...
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync

Halweg, thanks for the suggestions and also for assisting us with forum posts.

Definitely we'll look into doing these features. I'm hoping we can get a big improvement to Widgets, Homescreen and Android Desktop integration in the next release (2-3 months).

I still hope for this feature. Especially a link to get filtered contact or tasks lists would be great. I have 1800 contacts, there are business, private, shopping and much more kinds of contacts. Also I have private and shopping and business and other kinds of tasks.

It's very difficult to use big item numbers without a filter. So the first thing I do when starting DO is to set a filter.

Suggestion:
    In DejaTasks and DejaContacts make a setting "Save View as..." and let the user save the current view settings (filters, sorting, grouping). There are already special Link Types ("DejaCalendar - Last View", "DejaCalendar - Week View", ...) - so just add the new configured views to these links. If the number of these links is not changeable so you can predefine some "UserContactsView1", "UserContactsView2", "UserTaskView1", ...

Thanks in advance, Halweg

Great ideas. I'll see what we can do here.

What about this features?
    Meanwhile I use Version 2.5.9 but still I can't detect new links. Did I miss something?
    Halweg

Just a few more weeks, Halweg. It's on the schedule to use Templates. This will be a great new feature...

"Templates" - this means new items directly from the launcher screen? Fine
    But what about filtered views from the launcher screen (work contacts, shopping tasks a.s.o.)?

My first impression is that filtered views is going to be complex setting up. We still strive for simplicity overall in the product.

I still remember the Setting of individual views in Pocket Informant...

But yes! There already are a lot of shortcut types (with the Widget), increasing there number could lead to overloaded selection screens.
    But why there must special shortcuts for the search mode when there is a "start in search mode" setting for every view (and the search mode is always only one tap away). There are 6 different view links with the calendar and only one with tasks.

So I think that there could be free space for some "Custom tasks view 1" or even "Custom tasks view 2"

By the way: I found out that there's already an option for a "create a new task" or "create a new contact" shortcut on the desktop. Even shortcuts to single items are possible. It was a little bit hard too find out this feature.
    Unfortunately my launcher (Elixir Widget) doesn't recognize such types of shortcuts, so I can't integrate them easily into my desktop.
    But this feature and the option to have a smaller 2x3 "Today" Widget are undocumented, so I'm afraid they could be cancelled someday.
    Greetings, Halweg