Thread: Prompting for Time Zone Change

Prompting for Time Zone Change

Back in the olden days (2010), I know I was a PITA re: Having DJO balance different time zones. Since the features were added, it's worked really well.

UNTIL...
    When I open my Deja Calendar, it prompts me with the "Time zone has changed, would you like to move appointments" message - regardless of whether or not I actually have changed time zones.

This has happened when I've gone from Canada (EST) to Philadelphia (EST), and again from Philadelphia (EST) to DC (EST).

I first noticed this last Friday, upon returning from Canada. It has happened several times while still in Philly, and has started again since arriving in DC. It isn't every time I launch DJCalendar, but often enough.

I'm on 2.3.5.

That's all the data I have for now, just wondering if it's only me, or if there's something bigger happening.

Prompting for Time Zone Change

Back in the olden days (2010), I know I was a PITA re: Having DJO balance different time zones. Since the features were added, it's worked really well.

UNTIL...
    When I open my Deja Calendar, it prompts me with the "Time zone has changed, would you like to move appointments" message - regardless of whether or not I actually have changed time zones.

This has happened when I've gone from Canada (EST) to Philadelphia (EST), and again from Philadelphia (EST) to DC (EST).

I first noticed this last Friday, upon returning from Canada. It has happened several times while still in Philly, and has started again since arriving in DC. It isn't every time I launch DJCalendar, but often enough.

I'm on 2.3.5.

That's all the data I have for now, just wondering if it's only me, or if there's something bigger happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbinney View Post

UNTIL...

I'm on 2.3.5.

Please open your device Settings > Date & Time. Is the device configured to automatically get date & time (over the network)? This is the default - but you can set the time manually.

Are you turning the phone on/off from airplane mode? It is possible that could cause DejaOffice to misinterpret the lack of a timezone as a timezone change.

Please also upgrade to version 2.4.0 (the beta version) as there was a related fix that may also address your issue.