Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deja contacts not showing in Phone App

Hi, can you be a bit more specific. How do I change the contact accountk?

I thought I had done that by selecting it in the people app under phonebook selection.

In DejaOffice, select settings
    Select Sync Settings
    Look for the 3rd option, Sync with Android Contacts App - should be checked.
    Below that it should say "Contact Account"

1. What is your entry there?
    2. Try changing this entry to "DejaOffice"

This will sync DejaOffice Contacts to an Android Phone Account called "DejaOffice".

Same problem here:

- on DO 2.4.2
    - sync via local wireless AND USB
    - DO sync settings - Sync with Android Contacts App checked
    - DO sync settings - Contact Account DejaOffice
    - DO Sync settings - Sync all contact groups

In Android - Settings - accounts - DejaOffice sync is on

Haven't had a problem for the last year - new problem after update last week.

TIA!
    Ed

What a load of rubbish

You know.. I have had what people now call Smartphones since O2 brought out the XDA range of phones about 15 years ago.. and the whole time I had those phones with Windows Mobile I was able to sync, Email, tasks, notes, contacts, and files effortlessly... Iphones and Android come along and all of a sudden these basic simple operations become incredibly complicated and almost impossible to achieve.

What the hell is going on.

I have given up with Deja Office.. and un-installed it.. why is this so complicated!!!!

PS.. I am an IT consultant for 17 years... and I am strugling with this.. what hope is there fore normal users.. I have asked around.. and basically people dont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem View Post
    I have given up with Deja Office.. and un-installed it.. why is this so complicated!!!!

PS.. I am an IT consultant for 17 years... and I am strugling with this.. what hope is there fore normal users.. I have asked around.. and basically people dont bother.
    It is not really complicated. You just seem to have missed one step or so. If everything is setup correctly in the correct order I'm positive that it will run smoothly.
    I am as well using various devices (Psion, Palm, Win Mobile ...) for ages now ... and I am quite happy with my Android with DJO and syncing to Outlook.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I have to agree with McLion here. Have been using pocket computers, phones and tablets of various sorts since 2003 (not as long as some) and having used Companion Link and Deja Office on several Android devices, things are set up and running as smoothly as they ever did with my Palm TX and Outlook (which worked very nicely).

I'm not trying to discount your frustration, but I'm saying it can work nicely without being an IT expert (I am not, though I have taught myself a lot). You might try contacting email support and see if things are easier with them working directly with you.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Thank you Hook and McLion!

The problem we've seen with Android is a) the native Contact and Calendar databases are a bit primitive, and b) they differ per Android version, Manufacturer (Motoblur, etc), and even Carrier. Our basis for DejaOffice stems from the fact that we had to create an independent Contact data store to have a stable place to sync PC data to.

I wish Android were more stable, and I think with future versions it will be. You guys are right in pointing out that with the correct settings, and using the DejaOffice Contact Account, not synchronizing to Google Sync, it will work out great.

I have to say I have never used the DejaOffice Account for my Android Contacts app (it's called "People" on my Droid Bionic) because I could never get the contacts to display. I would choose the DejaOffice Account and it would say, "zero contacts to display". I have double and triple checked the settings in both DO and the Android people app and confirmed them to be accurate to no avail, so I have always synced with my google account on the phone.

I would like to use the DejaOffice Account, but I just can't get it to work.

EDIT So I had CompanionLink do a sync with the setting "Wipe contacts on Android before sync". That apparently brought my DejaOffice contacts into the Android DejaOffice account, so now I can see my contacts in my Android People app, have caller ID, and so on. That makes me happy!

There are 11 contacts missing. I have 8 Contact groups, and if I remember correctly DO doesn't sync those. That leaves 3 other contacts. Anyway, this is much better than before.
    Last edited by Alan@work; 05-16-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 8016
    DJO 4.4.7 (1069)
    Local Wi-Fi sync
    DJO sync settings: Sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version 8.0.0
    PC Win 10 64 bit
    Outlook 2016

SrTechGuy
    Plain and simple. This used to work and it is now not working - please fix.

I have an Samsung S3, with all the above settings have been (v2.4.0) double checked and my contacts are not showing up in my android contact list.

Please advise when this issue will be resolved.

SrTechGuy, welcome to the forums.

In addition to new DejaOffice releases, your phone has also recently updated Android OS.

My team would want you on our current release which is 2.4.3. Can you update to that.

Then clarify:
    1) What sync method are you using? DejaConnect USB, USB Direct, BlueTooth, Wi-Fi, Hosted Wireless or DejaCloud?
    2) What named Contact account are you using? Is it a connected account (i.e. Google or Exchange?) or a SIM card Account?

Thanks for the info.