Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Datebook/Calendar syncing

Issues with Datebook/Calendar syncing

There seems to be a problem with the datebook/calendar syncing correctly with Palm Desktop 6.2. I haven't been able to determine what types of items (recurring, stand alone, private, timed, etc.) but updates done on Palm Desktop don't transfer properly. The updated item show up in DejaOffice, but the old version also remains. This seems to have started with 2.4.0, and is worse with 2.4.1. When I wipe the Android and copy from Plam Desktop, the categories have to be reset in some way (no rhyme or reason to that either). It's just annoying and time consumming to do. I have not seen any problems with updates in DejaOffice transferring to Palm Desktop.

CompanionLink 5054
    DejaOffice 2.4.1
    Plam Desktop 6.2
    Windows 7
    Galaxy S III
    Android 4.1.2
    Using USB sync (ADB?) (Not on home computer)

Not on home computer

My note "not on home computer" meant I was on a different machine when I typed my comments. I do use the USB ADB connection to sync.

NMike, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what is going on here. I use Palm Desktop 6.2 also, although not the ADB sync. I'll have one of our QA team check this out.

I have upgraded to CompanionLink 5058 and this appears to have solved it. I will monitor over the next few days.
    I did not realize you had made this update.

My problem has not been resolved. It does seem to be items that are deleted or changed in Palm Desktop are not updating properly in DejaOffice. I entered the following items in DejaOffice:

Test 1 Untimed One time event
    Test 2 Timed One time event
    Test 3 Untimed Daily repeat event
    Test 4 Timed Daily repeat event

I entered the following in Palm Desktop:

Test 5 Untimed One time event
    Test 6 Timed One time event
    Test 7 Untimed Daily repeat event
    Test 8 Timed Daily repeat event

After syncing and confirming all events were in both I deleted all of the one time events and just the current day event on the repeating items on Palm Desktop.
    After resyncing the following were on DejaOffice:

Test 1 on date originally entered
    Test 2 on date and time originally entered
    Test 3 had deleted daily event recorded correctly
    Test 4 had deleted timed daily event recorded correctly
    Test 5 on date originally entered
    Test 6 on date and time originally entered
    Test 7 had deleted daily event recorded correctly
    Test 8 had deleted timed daily event recorded correctly.

Hope this helps in determining the problem.

Has anyone investigated this issue?

nmike, on the PC, run CompanionLink Setup. Select Advanced Settings. Look atthe Applications tab.

What are your settings at the bottom for deletion preferences?

The same as it always has been. "Records deleted in both Android and Palm Desktop will be synchronized." Also the four selected are set to "Sync both ways".

Investigating...

My problem continues. It seems that items that are updated in DejaOffice sync to Palm Desktop, but most updates (a few do get through, just don't know what or why) on Palm Desktop do not symc to DejaOffice. To get them through I have to set all to "Palm Desktop to Android" and wipe the android files. Then I reset CompanionLink (using 5060) back to sync both ways so my first resync updates Palm Desktop with the changes. This is a daily task. Also, the categories on DejaOffice have to be reset everytime. This is also annoying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DejaOffice, but this does not seem to make any difference.