Thread: importing ics files into DejaCalendar?

importing ics files into DejaCalendar?

Edit: delete, redirect to alternate thread.
    Last edited by maniple; 04-14-2013 at 07:48 PM.

This is for DejaOffice ANDROID:

The procedure changes a bit with different versions. Here's what works on my phone:

1. In an Email with an ICS file, save the ICS attachement.
    2. This puts the attachment in the notification bar. Scroll down on the notification bar.
    3. Open the attachment.
    4. Android presents options to put into Android Calendar or DejaCalendar. Choose DejaCalendar

The Appointment should then be on the Calendar.

If your phone does not do these things, please note your Phone OS version, and which step above is different and we can investigate and post updated instructions.

Just for the record, I wanted to add how it works with my phone and app version. I'm currently using the LG Optimus G LG-E970 phone, running Android 4.1.2 (let me know if Baseband, Kernel, Build and Software versions matter as well), running DejaOffice version 2.5.2 (484).

The above steps didn't work for me. After completing step #1, my phone wouldn't allow me to open the ICS file with DajaOffice from either notification bar nor from the file explorer app (FX File Explorer) I currently use. After a bit of frustration and opening this account to search for a solution, I finally decide to see if there was a native file explorer app that was already pre-loaded with the phone in Android, and there wasn't one. However, there was the native "Downloads" app, which I opened and did notice that the ICS file was listed there. I hard clicked/pressed on the file and then it finally gave me the option to open the file with DejaOffice. I first selected the "always open this file type using this app" option and then proceeded, and I was then able to import an emailed Outlook calender appointment to the DejaCalendar.

I hope this helps others out.

Thank you!

Great notes onxwavex. Thanks!