+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linked Contacts suggestion

Lightbulb Linked Contacts suggestion

Currently when you add a linked contact, it only adds it to the record you are editing. It would be nice to also have DJO add the contact you are editing to the linked contact so that it's a two-way link.

Current method:
    • You add John Doe as a linked contact to Jane Doe's record and save Jane Doe's record
    • You then have to go to John Doe's Record and add Jane Doe as a linked contact and save John Doe's record

Desired method:
    • You add John Doe as a linked contact to Jane Doe's record and save Jane Doe's record
    • Jane Doe automatically gets added to John Doe's record as a linked contact without having to manually add Jane Doe as a linked contact in John Doe's record

Also, the ability to link more than one contact at a time would be helpful. For instance, when you have a number of contacts from the same company, it would be nice to be able (either through a button that says "link all from same company" or a check box system) link more than one contact at a time.

This could be a preference for those who don't want the automatic cross-linking, but I feel it would save most people a lot of manual editing. Most relations are two-way relations.

Thanks for the great notes. I think this is just an oversight. Only Contacts needs the double link, and when we coded it we used the code from Memos to start with.

I made a note to get this fixed in the next major release, maybe 60-90 days.

+ Reply to Thread