+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple of Items Missing From Windows Phone 8 Build 1.0.1.6

Couple of Items Missing From Windows Phone 8 Build 1.0.1.6

I used Companion Link build 5060 to bring my Palm Desktop 6 data to my Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8. It brought over the private flags and categories. If you open a memo it shows the category and if it is private or not.

However, DejaOffice does not password protect private records. That is, you can display them without entering a password which defeats the purpose of marking them private in the first place.

When you open any of the various items (Contacts, Calendar, DejaTasks, Memos) the categories are shown as colored icons to the right of the title. But you cannot group by categories. The three vertical dots are missing so none of the functions accessed by them -- including grouping by categories -- can be used.

Are the above two items scheduled to be added a a future build and if so can someone provide an estimated time frame?

Saberman, welcome to the forum.

Oh, gosh! The Windows 8 product is a complete rewrite. There's a reason why the Windows 8 store has very few apps, it is because it takes considerable time to write all that code, particularly from scratch.

DJOA (Android) is on year three now. DJOW (Windows 8) is newly minted. I'll put these on the list, and I think they will be there in our next big release which will be in about a month or so.

The focus of our next release is Day/Week/Month Calendar views. However, these will be "Simple view", and not the 3 day scroll that DJOA has. For now we are trying to keep the releases flowing and the project in scope of our coding capabilities.

Thanks for the notes, however, because it shows us what priority to take.

>I think they will be there in our next big release which will be in about a month or so
    Looking forward to it. Will I have to reset the phone and resynch from Palm Desktop to get the password across?

Speaking of the Calendar -- I had a recurring event setup in Palm Desktop for 7:00 PM on Sundays -- every week -- starting on 2/17/2013.

The next occurence in DejaCalendar is shown on Apr 20, 2013, at 19:00 (using 24 hour time). But the detail says Recurrence: Weekly, Sunday, Every 1 week(s). Apr 20, 2013, is a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    Speaking of the Calendar -- I had a recurring event setup in Palm Desktop for 7:00 PM on Sundays -- every week -- starting on 2/17/2013.

The next occurence in DejaCalendar is shown on Apr 20, 2013, at 19:00 (using 24 hour time). But the detail says Recurrence: Weekly, Sunday, Every 1 week(s). Apr 20, 2013, is a Saturday.
    saberman -

We've sent this issue to our development team to be fixed; it will be included in the next version of DejaOffice for Windows Phone 8 as well.

-Belinda

+ Reply to Thread