Thread: DJO regularly delete events found at the 30 days limit of my CL Pro

Thumbs down DJO regularly delete events found at the 30 days limit of my CL Pro

Hi,

I use DJO with 2 PC with CL Pro to sync both ways fully.
    The bad thing is that DJO has the events 30 days back cleaned and that these events are deleted in my Outlook home.

For example : today at 21h, I do the sync and all these events are put to trash !?!!!???
    Capture-1.gif

This is a bug : all the events before the 30 days back shall remained untouched !

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b / param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records

Hi,

This is always a existing bug !
    I suppose that CL Pro 4.0 suppresses the events at the day of the 30 days back (thus Jule 8th for today) from my Outlook 1 in DJO whereas DJO should not take this into account because of the limit of operation ; then DJO sync the suppressed events with my Outlook 2 and that's it : a bug !!!

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.1b / param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records

Please, there is something wrong about syncing to PC with DJO using 30/90 days back parameter : 30 days events older are deleted when syncing from a side to the other side. I do not think it's happening with only one Outlook used... Regards.

This is a result of syncing with two different PCs and changing the date range setting. What's happening is that the changed date range setting on the first PC causes CompanionLink to remove old events from the device, then, when you sync with the second PC, CompanionLink sees these removed events as deletions. To solve the problem you'll need to use the same date range setting on both PCs.

Thanks for the tip,

It happens I have already opened an issue directly to Companionlink for the 30-90 change sides effects.

The bug I'm talking about is happening while having a 30 days back on each PC for a long time.
    There is something going bad when syncing 2 PCs around the 30 days back limit as explained (it will be 90 by default for other users...).

Regards

French / Windows XP SP3 / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4006 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / DJO 1.6.3 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records + no Native Android & Google sync

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    This is a result of syncing with two different PCs and changing the date range setting. What's happening is that the changed date range setting on the first PC causes CompanionLink to remove old events from the device, then, when you sync with the second PC, CompanionLink sees these removed events as deletions. To solve the problem you'll need to use the same date range setting on both PCs.
    Nevertheless, considering your answer above, I think the overall logic is wrong. DJO shall not delete events of the mobile because of the 30 days back parameter in CL Pro. This parameter tells to DJO that events older than 30 days ago shall not be synced, and they shall not b wiped either !!!

I would like to keep my old events on Android, and it is impossible because of the automatic deletion of these old events. It is not what I want and it is not the purpose of th 30 days back parameter.

I think this misconception provokes the sides effects around the 30 days back parameter.

Would you mind to change the behavior and let the old events on the mobile ?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Hi Ben,

It always happens : my appointments of July 25th were deleted in Outlook today after the syncing process...

Regards