Thread: Special Characters at contacts

Question Special Characters at contacts

I'm new on Android SmartPhone (bougth one less than a month ago) and I'm trying DejaOffice as an alternative to the app that come with the phone.

In some contacts, near the photo, there's some special characters # and *. What is that mean?
    Thanks

Hi,

in the contact list the # and * indicate that there is a history or note resp. to this contact.

Regards
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by mvscheven View Post
    Hi,

in the contact list the # and * indicate that there is a history or note resp. to this contact.

Regards
    Malte
    Thanks Malte.

In fact, I've checked some of my contacts with * and all have notes. But regarding # it may be something else (maybe the anniversary/birthday), since none of them has history.

Regards
    António

The # denotes that there are Journal items for this contact.

Hi António,

I see a similar problem:

For some of my contacts the # is displayed in the list, even though the history (or journal) is empty. In the detail view, the Journal tab is active (i.e. the text is white), but when I open the journal tab, there are no entries. Which is correct, as I don't use the journal and the journal is absolutely empty in journal view.

So there is probably still a bug with displaying the # in the list and activating the journal tab in detail view.

Regards
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

I can confirm this. I'm seeing the exact same behavior.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    The # denotes that there are Journal items for this contact.
    I have my phone for less than a month and trying DejaOffice for a few days only. I see no need to use the Journal but I went there now. There are only 3 entries, referring to birthdays (with no sense for me).

However, I noticed a pattern... every contact with the # seems to have the Anniversary filed. I haven't checked all, but, let's say, around 20. Also viewed several others without # and they don't have Anniversary filed.

So, either the # is related to Anniversary or, according to Djocto (DejaOffice Team) it is related to Journal AND Anniversary.