Thread: Anniversaries/Birthdays not show in native Android Contacts

Anniversaries/Birthdays not show in native Android Contacts

I noticed that Anniversaries/Birthdays do not show in native Android Contacts. This is a problem once that prevents any other app or widget, only designed to deal with Anniversary/Birthday data, to work. I tried one now and it says no contacts have dates to display.

Is there any plans to "fix" this? Thanks.

Mr. Campos, It is something we had to remove to insure compatibility with different Android versions. For some reason, these fields are very sensitive, and caused a lot of grief for people who did not need this information. I'll definitely log the request, and others may chime in here on the forum whether there is a need for Birthday/Anniversary data in the native phone app.

Thanks Djocto.

I read somewhere that in Android other apps can only read data from native apps, like Contacts and Calendar. So, if those native apps, which I suppose are the based and most important ones on any Phone (specially Contacts), don't have and (what is worse) cannot have some information, that is a major drawback. I can't even add them manually.

What about have that as an option in the settings? This way, anybody with problems (different Android versions) could disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcampos View Post
    What about have that as an option in the settings? This way, anybody with problems (different Android versions) could disable it.
    +1: I think the same!
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)