Thread: Categories Disappear

Categories Disappear

OK, now I'm just getting irritated.

At some point during this whole saga, I have noticed that my categories are all gone from my ICS Android.

The To-Dos, addresses, etc., all show the proper color for their particular category; if I select a To-Do, address, etc., it shows in th text that it belongs to a specific category.

BUT, if I want to sort by Category, and select "Categories" at the top of the screen whilst in DejaCal, DejaTask, etc., it comes back "No Category".

When I go to the "Categories" icon on the DJO home screen, all my categories are there, but have been unchecked from which app they correlated with.

This is super-irritating, and I'd welcome a chance to eliminate this.

CL Build 5330.

So I haven't replicated this issue since the OP - but I haven't tried syncing to another device, either.

I have noticed that the colours of Categories don't stay set with what I've selected.

rjbinney, My team says that selecting "Reread from the cloud" should restore the categories. I'll talk to them about the color issues. I have a feeling we are going to revamp how categories are stored in the next release cycle. Right now they are carried by the individual records, so the color gets set by a record that uses the category. In your case, I think the iPad DJOI way of handling categories wasn't compatible with DJOA so it may have unset some of the records.

On Android, I'm using DejaConnect (USB)... .Should I select "Reread from Palm Desktop"...?

I always assumed there was a separate Category table and a weird way of linking/cross referencing.

At first I had trouble with Categories in DJO but now really prefer it - for instance, I had "Record Shops" as a Palm Desktop Address Book category, and a "Records to Buy" PD To-Do List category... But consolidated both into the supercategory "Music" on DJO, and it carries the same category across Calendar, Address Book, ToDo, and Memos... So now, I can't understand why I was ever comfortable with the old PD way of doing things.