Thread: DDPB cant see DejaHub file to install

DDPB cant see DejaHub file to install

ok, I installed the ddpb installer on my computer, turned on development mode, and am connected to the BB through the DDPB installer. But, when I do as the instructions say, add the file downloaded in step 1, the installer does not recognize any .bar file to install

thanks

If you look at the file that you downloaded, is it still a .bar file? If it is not then you will want to rename it so that the file extension is .bar.
    I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Android Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

it downloaded a .zip folder with two folders in it, I guess I should rename DejaHub.so to DejaHub.bar I'll try that

maybe that's not the right one. It acted like it installed, but I have no DejaHub app

thanks, kc

What device are you installing this onto?
    I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Android Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

a blackberry z10

When I extract the zip file, a folder named DejaHub.bar is created, with two subfolders in it: META-INF and native

Please try the following:

1. download the DejaHub file from here and I would suggest saving it to the desktop. DejaHub.bar
    2. Open DDPB and highlight the current DejaHub.bar file listed and then click on Delete above it
    3. Now please connect the device if you have not already and then enter in the IP Address and the Password and connect DDPB to the device
    4. With it now connected please click the Add button and navigate to the file on the desktop and open it
    5. Check the box to the left of the file and then click Install
    6. After this process finishes you should see it listed with all other applications on the Z10.
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

that did it. The problem is IE is downloading it as a zip file, not a bar file. Did the same process in firefox and it downloaded as the right kind of file. Many Thanks