Thread: Help -- DejaCloud syncing keeps duplicating and duplicating

Help -- DejaCloud syncing keeps duplicating and duplicating

This is happening more and more often. I'm syncing my Android with Outlook 2013 using DejaCloud. My version of DejaOffice is 2.3.5. Every day I'm finding I have to go into Outlook or into DejaOffice on my phone and merge or delete duplicate contacts. My sync is set to every 5 hours. Sync is also set to "both ways," which is what I want as I frequently edit information on my phone when I'm out in the field ... and in Outlook when I'm at my desk.

This morning I get up to see that I now have 8 copies of every single contact. Eight of them! (sigh)

merging duplicates on the phone takes forever. I've now cleaned up Outlook (again) to only show the original entries.

How can I prevent this from continually happening? This is getting very cumbersome as it's a daily occurrence now.

Thanks!

GNemes, I'm sorry for the problem.

Somewhere in your setup there must synchronizing two different ways.

In DejaOffice Android, check to see if you are synchronizing to native Android Contacts. If so - is that to a Google Contact list with Google Sync turned on ? It may be that your phone is getting data from two different sources.

On your PC, might you be synchronizing both with Google and also with DejaCloud?

You can contact CompanionLink Technical support and they can help you out with this.

Thanks for the insight, DJOCTO. And you're right, I was indeed also syncing to my Google account. But removing the Google sync seems to affect the DejaOffice syncing with my native android contacts app. By removing the google sync, I now have zero contacts in the Native app, and everything perfectly in the DejaOffice contacts app. Same thing with calendar. I absolutely need the DJ contacts and calendar to also be in the native contacts and calendar. Without that, I can't see who's calling me (by name), can't look up contact to dial in the phone app, can't sms message someone by name, etc. These links are critical. I've deleted everything in the native apps and then told DJ to sync through DJCloud. The data syncs nicely with DJOffice apps on the phone. And the option is checked to sync with the native apps. But there's no data in the native apps. Now what?

Are you sure. Have you gone into the native Android contacts app and made sure it is showing you the data. There are two relevant settings. One is "Accounts"-- it should list "DejaOffice" as one of the accounts. The other is "Contacts To Display." DejaOffice should be selected. The data may be there, but if you don't have it selected it won't display.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I'm not sure. Where is "Contacts to Display?"

DejaOffice IS listed as one of my accounts. If I go to Contacts (the native app) and select DejaOffice, I see two options - sync Calendar and Sync Contacts. Both are checked. Selecting Sync appears to do almost nothing. I can see that I've touched the option, but nothing happens. And yes, the native Android contacts app shows nothing. But the DejaOffice contact list is correctly populated.

I've checked Sync with Android Calendar App and Synce with Android Contact App in the DejaOffice sync settings as well.

And now, just checking the two screens (the Android Contacts and the DejaOffice Contact screen), the Android Contacts are there. I changed nothing. I did nothing different. Why does this work now and not before? Shouldn't the Android apps automatically update whenever the DejaCloud data changes and the timed sync occurs?

Finally, the dejacloud app seems to sync "some" of my Outlook calendar data, but not all of it. And again, the native Android calendar is empty. I've opened CompanionLink on my computer and manually synced. Then went to the DejaOffice/Calendar ... and some appointments are there, but not all. And nothing is in the Outlook calendar.

I can't help with the Android calendar as I don't use it. The "contacts to display" should be on the menu along with "accounts" in the Android contacts app which you can get to from the dialer or as a separate app (called "people" in Jelly bean)-- this was also true on my old Gingerbread phone, so this isn't anything new. Contacts to display will allow you to choose whether it displays your Google contacts or Deja Office contacts (or any other contacts if you have other contact generating apps).

It would help in troubleshooting, by the way, if you would create a signature with your device, OS software with version numbers and sync method so that information is handy whenever people are helping you. See my signature as an example.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.