Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Fax - Work Fax - Other Phonw - Incorrect Syncing (Palm Desktop 6.2 & CL)

Exclamation Home Fax - Work Fax - Other Phonw - Incorrect Syncing (Palm Desktop 6.2 & CL)

When syncing to and from Palm Desktop 6.2, the following occurs:

1. I enter a fax number (along with other data) into a Palm record
    2. I sync to the phone, and the fax number shows up as "Home Fax"
    3. I edit the DJO record by cutting the "Home Fax" number and pasting it into the Work Fax field
    4. I synch again, and the Work Fax number now shows up in the Palm record as "Other"

Is there any way to correct this behavior and be able to have syncing show correct labels in both the Palm and DJO?

Have you checked the field mapping settings in Companion Link?
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion. I've checked the settings for Palm Desktop v6.2 and the Advanced Settings, but there doesn't seem to be any field mapping in either place.

rsunderl, which sync method are you using? USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or DejaCloud? All of these involved different internal drivers...

Thanks, DJOCTO - I'm using DejaConnect USB.

We have now tested this with all sync methods and it works as expected.

I think you are leaving out a step; to enter "Fax" twice in Palm Desktop:

1. I enter a fax number (along with other data) into a Palm record
    1a. Enter a second fax number in the record
    2. sync to the phone
    Note: The first "Fax" shows as Work Fax. The second one shows as "Home Fax"

Is it the case for you that this problem only occurs when you have two Fax numbers in Palm Desktop?

Thanks again for the reply, DJOCTO. Perhaps I wasn't being clear.

I am entering only one fax number in Palm Desktop, not two.
    When there is only one fax number in the Palm Desktop record, and I sync to my Razr MAXX, it shows up in DJO as "Home Fax".

The vast majority of fax numbers in anyone's database will be business faxes, not home faxes.

If I subsequently try to correct the error in DJO on my phone by cutting the single fax number from the "Home Fax" field to the "Work Fax" field and resync, it then changes the Palm Desktop type for that single number to "Other" rather than keeping the "Fax" label.

In other words:
    1. If there is a single fax number in Palm Desktop (i.e., no other fax numbers), it will show up in DJO as "Home Fax"
    2. If there is a single fax number in DJO's "Work Fax" field and no fax number in DJO's "Home Fax" field, it will show up in Palm Desktop as "Other"

Hope this is clearer.

I tried an experiment, but it didn't work out as expected or as you earlier detailed it should.

I created a dummy contact in Palm Desktop with two fax numbers (see screen shot below)
    1 - Palm Desktop.jpg

After syncing, I see that in DJO, it created two "Home Fax" numbers, 222-222-2222 and 333-333-3333:
    2013-05-10 07.28.28.jpg

If I open the edit screen and choose "Show more phones" the "Work Fax" field is empty and only one "Home Fax" shows - the 333-333-333 number:
    2013-05-10 07.34.40.jpg

I hope this helps in your troubleshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by rsunderl View Post
    Thanks again for the reply, DJOCTO. Perhaps I wasn't being clear.
    I am entering only one fax number in Palm Desktop, not two.
    When there is only one fax number in the Palm Desktop record, and I sync to my Razr MAXX, it shows up in DJO as "Home Fax".
    Hope this is clearer.
    CompanionLink B5060, DejaOffice Android, it will show up as Work Fax.

Palm desktop "Fax" is sent via DejaConnect USB to DejaOffice Android "Work Fax".

Since this is not working for you, let's focus on that.

First, is your CompanionLink and DejaOffice up to date?

If so, there may be a field mapping issue, so please check the field mapping in CompanionLink to be sure there is no override to the mapping for Fax.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    CompanionLink B5060, DejaOffice Android, it will show up as Work Fax.

Palm desktop "Fax" is sent via DejaConnect USB to DejaOffice Android "Work Fax".

Since this is not working for you, let's focus on that.

First, is your CompanionLink and DejaOffice up to date?

If so, there may be a field mapping issue, so please check the field mapping in CompanionLink to be sure there is no override to the mapping for Fax.
    Thanks again.

Checking the Help > About CompanionLink, the dialog says that I have CompanionLink Professional Version 5.0 (Build 5060) (DJC 128)

Checking Palm Desktop, The dialog says that it's version 6.2.2. Clicking on the Version button tells me that Palm.exe is version 6.2.2 and Hotsync.exe is version 7.0.2 so I think it's the latest version

Clicking on the System Information button tells me that I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.

Clicking on Advanced Settings in CL, I see the following tabs: General, Calendar, Phone Format, Applications, User ID and Auto Synchronization. There doesn't seem to be anything in any of those tabs that relates to field mapping.

I'm on an Acer ICONIA x64-based laptop.

I hope that helps in your investigation - this is a great system - just needs a little fixing. If you need any other information or investigation on my part, just let me know. I am also open to having a Help Desk person take a look at my computer via remote if you have that capability.