Thread: Preset Categories

Preset Categories

Hi,

in the latest versions of DJO (or Companion Link) some preset categories keep on reappearing after every sync. Those are for example (translation of the German categories):

Birthday, Anniversary, Telephone call, Important,...

I have deleted those categories already several times in DJO, but they appear again after the sync.
    I can see them neither in Outlook nor in CompanionLink in the categories tab.
    I have also tried to deactivate them in DJO for all applications, after the sync they were active again.

Any suggestions how to get rid of these categories?

Thanks
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar

Categories will appear if there are records that use category.

So you need to check back to your data set, and see what records have them. If just one record has a category of "Birthday", then that category name will be added back into the category list.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your explanation! This help me to find the problem:
    In fact for some of my calendar entries in the years 2008-2011 the categories where set to Birthday, Anniversary etc. As I have never ever used those categories I suspect that one of the last updates of CompanionLink caused the problem. The backup of my Outlook files I made before the last CompanionLink update does not show those categories.
    Unfortunately the backup became useless by now and I had to correct the categories for around 1000 events manually (not one by one of course).

Regards
    Malte
    DejaOffice 3.1.2 (631) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Android 4.4.4 German ---
    MS Outlook 2010 German on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ---
    CompanionLink: 6012 - DejaConnectUSB (ADB Mode) ---
    Sync with Android contacts: DejaOffice-Account - No Sync with Android calendar