+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iintegration with "native" calendar, contacts, etc.

Iintegration with "native" calendar, contacts, etc.

I know this is dependent on BB, but when will the integration with "native" calendar, contacts, etc. occur?

E.g. if I receive a call from a contact that has been added to the Deja database it shows up on my BB as a number, without any contact info. i.e. BB doesn't recognise the caller.

If someone sends me a "dateclaimer" (vCal) meeting request and I accept on the BB, the message disappears and the appointment is added to the BB calendar, not Deja's. So I have to either wait 'till I'm back at my desktop before accepting or re-enter the data (remember, the message has gone, so this requires a complete re-key).

Integration with BB 10 native Calendar has been released.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...0_with_DejaHub

Syncing with DejaHub

Thanks, I installed that and it worked .... but there are a few "lose ends":
    The instructions for performing a sync on DejaHub (DH) are quite different from those on CompanionLink. In the end I left the USB connection in place, and now have several copies of some, not all contacts, in both BB and DejaOffice (DO) files.
    I didn't explore the options on DH and, if I had, would have used "sync from DO" and probably avoided the problem.
    Perhaps that should be pointed out in the instructions, or trapped so that the user has to make the choices before the first sync?

Cheers

Mike,

I apologize for the problems. We've been working pretty hard to just understand all the ramifications for the BB10 API and what we can and can't do with the native contact list. DejaHub is changing almost weekly as we have been making adjustments based on feedback like yours.

The CompanionLink team can help you with eliminating the duplicates. I would suggest sending a message to them and they can give steps to clear and restore the data, without duplicates. I'll see if I can have someone help here on the forums.

If you have duplicates in DejaOffice only please complete the following:
    1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Contact Settings
    4. Tap on Merge Duplicates

If you have duplicates in the native (Blackberry Hub) Please complete the following:
    1. Open DejaHub
    2. Select Settings
    3. Scroll to the bottom and press the Wipe All Data button
    4. Once this is complete go back 1 screen and press Synchronize

If you have duplication in both the native and DejaOffice please complete the following:
    1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Contact Settings
    4. Tap on Merge Duplicates
    5. Open DejaHub
    6. Select Settings
    7. Scroll to the bottom and press the Wipe All Data button
    8. Once this is complete go back 1 screen and press Synchronize
    I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Android Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

De-duping doesn't

Thanks Michael,
    I have situation 3 so did that option.
    Cleared BB native data Ok. Time taken about 4 hours.
    I have 3572 contacts in the Time and chaos database. Not sure how may are in DJ; but, with up to three duplicates of each record, probably more than double that number.

Tried de-duping DejaOffice contacts about six times. Four of those times the program closed after about 2 hours with the timer bar showing between 20% and 30% complete. On the other (last) two occasions the BB crashed.

On the last two attempts I left the BB plugged in to power and did not even minimise the app window. BTW these functions are power-hungry; best to have the BB plugged in to a power source.

All the contact duplicates are still there.

On the last attempt I switched on the logging option, so the log might be available, if that will help (where is it?).

De-dupe in calendar, tasks, etc. worked Ok. Not many records.

I think I will try clearing all DJC data and then re-reading DJC on the handheld.

This is becoming somewhat tedious!

Cheers
    Mike

Mobile Device and OS: BB Z10 Model STL100-2. S/W Release 10.1.0.273
    DejaOffice version#: 2.4.0 (426)
    CompanionLink build #: 5060
    Data Manager App: Time & Chaos Intellect 4.0.6.4
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud (no auto)
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Search - name and company. All three check-boxes ticked. Data has custom fields (as per Intellect)
    Calendar: all defaults

A minor clarification: the timer bar shows "Reading Contacts" so it doesn't even get to the de-duping stage.

Clearing all data on DJC didn't work and checking the "Reread Cloud" box in DJC Settings makes no difference either.

I think we're back to square one: how do I clear all data?

If all else fails it may be a re-install.
    Last edited by mickinoz; 05-23-2013 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Additional information

Mike,

Please clear out the native one more time. Once it is empty please perform the following. Please note that this will delete all data within DejaOffice and you will need to re-configure the application for the sync.

a. Delete the 'clusb' file on your Blackberry (this will clear the DejaOffice database).

1. Connect the device to the PC.
    2. On your PC, under 'Computer' or 'My Computer,' find the drive associated with the device.
    3. Navigate to misc > android > clusb Delete it.
    4. Disconnect and reboot your phone, and DejaOffice will be empty.

When you open DejaOffice, you will be placed in the Setup Wizard. Please follow the instructions provided in the Setup Wizard.

b. Perform a wipe and reload to the device.

1. Open CompanionLink setup.
    2. Select 'Options.'
    3. Select 'Wipe all records . . . before next sync.'
    4. Perform a synchronization like normal.
    I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Android Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Fixed - kinda

Thanks Michael,

Now I have problems with BB Link and can't see the folders on my PC!

In any event: DJHub could not clear native BB contacts because, as far as I could tell, LinkedIn overwrites native BB contacts.
    Turned off all LinkedIn permissions; no difference
    Uninstalled LinkedIn; no difference.
    Did a security wipe and reset my BB back to factory defaults (a pain in the proverbial).
    When BB was clean:
    Did not install LinkedIn
    Installed DJO and DJH
    Synched DJO via DJCloud
    Synched Native BB contacts, etc, via DJH (from DJO, not USB)

Note:
    DJO synched in an hour or less
    DJH ran for some 4 hours!
    All contacts seem to be in BB native contact DB.
    No duplicates anywhere!

Conclusions:
    DJH doesn't "see" LinkedIn contacts in Native BB, so DJH doesn't wipe them.
    Also (not DJO's problem) I think the problem is in how BB and LinkedIn interact:
    Uninstalling LinkedIn doesn't take it off BB Hub, so, somehow, BB keeps receiving LinkedIn messages, etc.

I will post a new string re LinkedIn and see if any other users have the same problem.

Cheers

Thanks for the update.

+ Reply to Thread