Thread: Category color changing while syncing?

Category color changing while syncing?

Is it possible, that CompanionLink / DejaOffice add category colors? I've 101 categories, mostly for contacts, and some 15 of them had colors. But now suddenly all categories have colors. Moreover it seems, that the colors sometimes are changing. I hadn't this problem before (with OL 2010 only).

Could this be a CL/DO issue?

Btw: When I try out the Option "Clear Unused Categories" some 15 used (by contacts) categories will be suggested to be deleted.

Greetings, Halweg
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync

Halweg, The system will assign colors if none are assigned in Outlook. However, these should be stable. I will check with the developer on why they may not be stable.

Thanks fro the answer.
    But why so? If you have 100 categories like me you can't assign colors to all of them! This makes colors useless; there's no color "White".
    Some of my contacts have about 10 categories assigned (for example if they work in different groups or positions), maximum 2 or 3 of the categories are useful to be mentioned by a color.

Even if you have only 10 categories the use of colors is not helpful when done automatically because of all the system specific standard categories that would add a useless color mix.

How can I prevent this automatic color assignment?
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync