Thread: Does anyone have successful local wifi syncs on a regular basis??

Does anyone have successful local wifi syncs on a regular basis??

If yes please share what you do as this has been a constant issue for me. I use a Samsung Galary SIIX, CompanionLink Express 5, DJO, ACT 2009 and WinXP.

The last "successful sync ignored the settings set in CompanionLink as well as putting round brackets around the area code in phone numbers. These brackets prevent the phone from recognizing the incoming number.

I have said WTF so many times trying to figure out why this syncing process seems to be rocket science and never a permanent, consistent fix.

I had had no problems with WiFi sync. I did however at one update the phone settings did get upset in Companionlink and to change the phone settings back from the American settings to suit my UK situation.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Youkard, what location are you, and what carrier do you have, to not be able to dial phone numbers with parenthesis?

ACT! is pretty tricky with phone numbers. The key is to have MyRecord "Work" number reflect the format of what you want phone numbers to be. It is unusual to use a data field as a setting, but ACT! does it with this one field.

Can you give an example of where you entered a phone number (phone or ACT!), how you entered it, and how it appears now. That will help me understand what process may be re-formatting it.