Thread: Character limit in Deja Memos

Character limit in Deja Memos

Hi
    I am facing new Problem.
    I have not been able to get 2-Way syncing of Deja Memos to work. Specifically, when I add Some thing in Outlook 2010 Note in UNICODE foramt, it does not sync complete to Deja Memo. There is a character limit in Deja Memos and unable to sync complet Outlook 2010 Note to Deja Memo.

Mobile Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
    Model : GT-N7100 TADINU (16 GB)
    PC: Windows 8 Pro, 32 bit
    DejaOffice version#: 2.4.4 (449)
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 5 for Outlook, Build 5068
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: Local Wi-Fi Sync
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Memo: Sync with DejaOffice Account Only.

drvaanand - There isn't any character limit to the memos. So size is not a factor.

With Wi-Fi sync, the sync goes through html encoding and decoding (we are using an html based protocol). So it is sensitive to characters that encode. We do support Unicode, and all Unicode characters should be fine.

Let me run some tests inhouse. From my support system I see your email address and will email directly for more info.

drvaanand-

Thank you for writing in. If possible, we would like to take a look at a copy of your notes database. This will help us determine if certain characters are causing a problem with the sync. I have provided instructions below on how to send us a copy of your exported PST file.

1. In outlook click on File>Info>Account Settings. Click the Account Settings dropdown that appears.
    2. Select the Data Files Tab and Click on the .PST file you wish to back up.
    3. Select the Open File icon located above the listed PST file.
    4. Minimize the window that displays containing the PST file.
    5. Close the "Account Settings" window
    6. Completely close the Outlook application. (Note: It may take up to a minute for the program to close completely)
    7. It is now safe to copy the PST File to a Backup Location of your choosing.
    8. Now right click on each of the files and select "Copy". (There maybe a delay depending on the size of the file before you can Paste file to your selected backup location)
    9. Browse to the Backup Location that you have selected to store the backup and then Right Clink & Paste the file.
    10. Attach the pst file to an email with the ticket number 'NVN-712-57692' in the subject.
    11. Send the email to support@companionlink.com

Let us know if you receive any errors stating that the file is too big to send over email.

Unhappy UNICODE CHARACTERS limit in Deja Memos

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    drvaanand-

Thank you for writing in. If possible, we would like to take a look at a copy of your notes database. This will help us determine if certain characters are causing a problem with the sync. I have provided instructions below on how to send us a copy of your exported PST file.

1. In outlook click on File>Info>Account Settings. Click the Account Settings dropdown that appears.
    2. Select the Data Files Tab and Click on the .PST file you wish to back up.
    3. Select the Open File icon located above the listed PST file.
    4. Minimize the window that displays containing the PST file.
    5. Close the "Account Settings" window
    6. Completely close the Outlook application. (Note: It may take up to a minute for the program to close completely)
    7. It is now safe to copy the PST File to a Backup Location of your choosing.
    8. Now right click on each of the files and select "Copy". (There maybe a delay depending on the size of the file before you can Paste file to your selected backup location)
    9. Browse to the Backup Location that you have selected to store the backup and then Right Clink & Paste the file.
    10. Attach the pst file to an email with the ticket number 'NVN-712-57692' in the subject.
    11. Send the email to support@companionlink.com

Let us know if you receive any errors stating that the file is too big to send over email.

DejaOffice Team

Thank You for replying. I am sending a copy of my Notes Database as given mail address. This will help you to determine if certain characters are causing a problem with the sync. As you have provided instructions on how to send a copy of PST File.

Thanks

Dr Vishal Aanand
    Agra (India)

DejaOffice Team

Thank You for replying. I sent a copy of my Notes Database through email yesterday. This will help you to determine if certain characters are causing a problem with the sync. As you have provided instructions on how to send a copy of PST File.

Thanks

Dr Vishal Aanand
    Agra (India)

Dr. Aanand, We got it. Definitely something in the characters. We will get a CompanionLink update to you in a day or two.

This is now fixed. You can download it here.

http://www.companionlink.com/inhouse/

This text was the problem: स्वामीबाग समाधि हुजूर स्वामी महाराज

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this language (Hindi?). Should we translate our app into it?

In any case, CompanionLink should handle it fine. Thank you for sharing your data so we could fix this.

I put that into Google Translate to see if it was indeed Hindi - looks like it: "Sir Swami Maharaj Samadhi Swamibag"

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android