Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice for Android - Overview, Vision - sticky, updated

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    We decided it was time to address the needs people shared with us. We all know that Microsoft Office 2010 with Business Contact Manager is coming out. We know what old Palm, Pocket PC and BlackBerry's did. So we conceived of making an app suite that can handle everything the past organizers did. We've been hard at work for three months to create this, and still have another month to go to finish the initial phase.
    I started a thread that looks like i should have posted here. With my Palm Treo, when I include a contact in a calendar it inserts the contact names and phone number. DJO doesnt have that feature, it only inserts contact name. Are there plans to include this function in DJO?

Neil

how to make Deja Office run faster???

Question: I really like the Deja Office software I've installed on my Droid X with one exception: it's incredibly slow to open the app on the Droid and also to switch between different parts of the app (like from Calendar to Contacts for example). I mean really, really slow. I don't think it's a general RAM problem with my phone because I don't have this problem with any other apps. It's bad enough that I'm considering finding another app to replace it. The indigenous Google contact and calendar apps, while not as functional or easy to use as Deja Office, are MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. Help! Any ideas? Thanks.

Same question here...I really like the program (even with all it's bugs) but it's SLOOOOOW! Any plans for a fix?

I see several field reports of slow performance. It's not something we are seeing inhouse. My reports so far involve only Droid X units. It's likely some process is "catching" and causing this. We would like to get a sample of a "slow database" so we can fix it.

If you are running slow, and can help us, please email us your data to support@dejaoffice.com To do this select Settings, General Settings, and simply hit the "Send Log" button. No log is needed. This option will email the database. Please put a note in saying "Slow database" and also your exact phone model and Android OS version. Thanks!

DJOCTO:

Thanks very much for responding. It's good to hear that someone is interested in improving the product. But if I understand what you are asking me to do, I would be sending you my entire database: contacts, calendar, to do list, and notes. Please don't take it personally, but there's stuff in there that I can't send to anyone, which is one of the primary reasons I'm using your product instead of storing it in the cloud on Google. Is there any other way I can help? For example, is there a way for me to give you the approximate size of the database (it's big, by the way, like over 10 years worth of Palm stuff) and would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I see several field reports of slow performance. It's not something we are seeing inhouse. My reports so far involve only Droid X units. It's likely some process is "catching" and causing this. We would like to get a sample of a "slow database" so we can fix it.

If you are running slow, and can help us, please email us your data to support@dejaoffice.com To do this select Settings, General Settings, and simply hit the "Send Log" button. No log is needed. This option will email the database. Please put a note in saying "Slow database" and also your exact phone model and Android OS version. Thanks!

We frequently load up units with 10 years of data. It is worthy of concern, as past Repeating Dates in a database can trigger a background process to build the required calendar views. However, in DejaOffice 1.6 and higher this background building should be eliminated.

We got one users data for "Slow Performance". It has 300 or so contacts and just 15 calendar entries. When we load on an Droid X we see no visible performance lag. I'll reply specifically for this user.

The performance we expect is on Launching DejaOffice, DejaContacts or DejaCalendar the screen should appear in 2 seconds on the first launch, and within 1 second on any subsequent launches. Is this what you are experiencing?

Hello,
    I just started with DejaOffice (Android froyo 2.2) and CompanionLink for Palm Desktop (Version 4.1) . My experience with the Palm organizer lasts for over 10 years . I had hoped that Google did a better job with the office programs, compared to Palm. So I came to dejaOffice. The WiFi sync is great.

What I am still missing in the calender is (in priority sequence):
    1. A presence indicator at the top of the screen if there is any entry in the day, because only 8 from the 24 hours day are displayed, so it is easy to overlook an entry if it is just not present within the screen window. Or, another possibility what Palm did, do cut out in the display non used hours in favor of used hours. The way Palm did it was very user friendly.
    2. Show the birthday of the contact field at the proper day (all day) in the calender, as Palm did.

It would be great, if that could be added to DejaOffice, thank you.

With best regards, Rudolf

Birthday

I completely agree -- birthday reminders are a critical need for me. Is there a plan to update this? Thanks!

Are Contacts Shared or backed-up Online??

I am new to this software - Just bought a Spint HTC Evo Shift.... Want to sync my Outlook Contacts, Calendar, etc... Saw some discussion somewhere that my Contacts would get backed up online?? And/Out into Google Contacts online... Is this so? I don't want my contacts online anywhere or on any third party server - I just want them sync'd between my phone and my desktop computer....

Appreciate any help with this as to the process and where my contacts are shared/posted/backed-up or not....

Many thanks - !!

PS - I guess I should add: The phone is Android 2.2 and my desktop is Win7 x64. Outlook 2007

Hi - I just set up DejaOffice on my Samsung Mezmorize i500 phone to sync my contacts and calander with my Outlook2007 on my laptop. I completed my first sync and all seemed to go well. I was concerned about some of the warnings about possiblity of duplicating records or deleting records [ongoing occurances in calander]. I also wanted to have someone walke through with me the settings on the DejaOffice App on my phone. Is there a phone number that can be call to talk to tech support?

Also the first time I set up / ran CompanianLink [application on laptop] the set up instructions suggested I select "purge & reload" to avoid duplicating records. Is that suggested to be selected each time I run a sync or was that just for the first time sync?

Thanks