+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice for Android - Overview, Vision - sticky, updated

Quote Originally Posted by bethbelieves View Post
    I completely agree -- birthday reminders are a critical need for me. Is there a plan to update this? Thanks!
    is it that important to you? Shit, if that's the case makes me wonder if you use this to import data about your dog or child (if applicable) use your head for birthday issues, this is simply an amenity just as if there's a gym in you apt complex

Calendar view

I just recently started using the program with companionlink because I am a dyed in the wool Palm user of many years and needed to continue to use Outlook directly syncing with my PC. I need Tasks and Notes too, and I really didn't want to spend a lot of time in learning several other apps to make that work, and cannot upload extensive data to a cloud server. So the concept is great for an old dog willing to learn some new tricks and newcomer to the smartphone and android market. What frustrates me is not being able to get a bird's eye view of my entire day in the day screen or week screen of the calendar. You have to scroll through hours of unfilled cells in order to see everything, and that can be downright dangerous. Palm has always handled it by eliminating hours that are unused, thus collapsing down the screen so you see all the populated cells. Are there any plans to change this in the near future? The $40 pricetag is high but otherwise well worth it, if that were fixed. Otherwise, I might be forced to keep looking for individual less costly programs that sync the additional components that I need from outlook.

Also, is there a way to link between contacts and tasks? Right now, if I want to remind myself to call someone, I copy the contact data and paste it in tasks.

Thanks for any help you can give. An Android Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by whydoyoucare View Post
    is it that important to you? Shit, if that's the case makes me wonder if you use this to import data about your dog or child (if applicable) use your head for birthday issues, this is simply an amenity just as if there's a gym in you apt complex
    If you have 1000 people in your contacts list - many of whom you're not in regular contact with, yet wish to wish them a happy birthday anyway (just to be nice, or for business reasons, or whatever), being signaled by the device that their birthday is coming up is very useful. Until they added the "birthday in the calendar" feature to the Palm, I used to enter birthdays separately in the calendar (then, when they added it, going through and REMOVING all those Calendar entries so I didn't have double reminders).

People have all sorts of reasons for wanting to know when it's someone's birthday, and for them it's not just an amenity, it's important. Ideally, DejaOffice will evolve to something that can do all the most common cases (of which birthday-from-birthday-field->Calendar-entry is one).

Just my 2 cents.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bethbelieves View Post
    I completely agree -- birthday reminders are a critical need for me. Is there a plan to update this? Thanks!
    Beth,

We have consistently recieved feedback form our customers requesting birthday notification be turned off. So DJO does not automatically notify users of contact birthday's. This can simply be remedied by setting up a notification in Outlook or Act.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    We frequently load up units with 10 years of data. It is worthy of concern, as past Repeating Dates in a database can trigger a background process to build the required calendar views. However, in DejaOffice 1.6 and higher this background building should be eliminated.

We got one users data for "Slow Performance". It has 300 or so contacts and just 15 calendar entries. When we load on an Droid X we see no visible performance lag. I'll reply specifically for this user.

The performance we expect is on Launching DejaOffice, DejaContacts or DejaCalendar the screen should appear in 2 seconds on the first launch, and within 1 second on any subsequent launches. Is this what you are experiencing?

Hi,

I am using your product for about 2 weeks now - The program launches quickly and runs quickly, but after doing a contacts read on my PC, it can take pick a number.... 10 to 20 minutes to complete "Updating Android Contacts (13%)" on the phone - I have a brand new Sprintg/HTC Evo Shift... I do have a lot of contacts.. like ~2,500.... but this process happened very quickly when I was running WM6.5 on my TP2 and using Sync Center... (for all it's buggieness otherwise).... In the time I have taken to write this, it has progressed from 13% to 16%.... I just watched it for a moment and it's taking about 40 to 45 seconds per 1% update... so that is??? 40/45 seconds per 25 contacts updated.... or 4500 seconds total -that is 75 minutes... I am up to 23% now....

That's the element of slowness that I am seeing.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djo123 View Post
    I am new to this software - Just bought a Spint HTC Evo Shift.... Want to sync my Outlook Contacts, Calendar, etc... Saw some discussion somewhere that my Contacts would get backed up online?? And/Out into Google Contacts online... Is this so? I don't want my contacts online anywhere or on any third party server - I just want them sync'd between my phone and my desktop computer....

Appreciate any help with this as to the process and where my contacts are shared/posted/backed-up or not....

Many thanks - !!

PS - I guess I should add: The phone is Android 2.2 and my desktop is Win7 x64. Outlook 2007
    The answer to your question is yes...
    CompanionLink Desktop Software in conjunction with DejaOffice allows you to sync your data to your preferred PIM
    You can get help with the specifics and see all the options we offer based on your specific configuration and needs by using the link below.
    http://www.companionlink.com/products/

Welcome aboard!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AEHH View Post
    Hi - I just set up DejaOffice on my Samsung Mezmorize i500 phone to sync my contacts and calander with my Outlook2007 on my laptop. I completed my first sync and all seemed to go well. I was concerned about some of the warnings about possiblity of duplicating records or deleting records [ongoing occurances in calander]. I also wanted to have someone walke through with me the settings on the DejaOffice App on my phone. Is there a phone number that can be call to talk to tech support?

Also the first time I set up / ran CompanianLink [application on laptop] the set up instructions suggested I select "purge & reload" to avoid duplicating records. Is that suggested to be selected each time I run a sync or was that just for the first time sync?

Thanks
    You can contact the support department at:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/support_contact.html

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    The answer to your question is yes...
    CompanionLink Desktop Software in conjunction with DejaOffice allows you to sync your data to your preferred PIM
    You can get help with the specifics and see all the options we offer based on your specific configuration and needs by using the link below.
    http://www.companionlink.com/products/

Welcome aboard!
    Didn't answer my question: Are my contacts transferred/posted/stored anywhere online? I do not want my info shared/stored onto any 3rd party server -I just want to transfer my data between my PC and my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Beth,

We have consistently recieved feedback form our customers requesting birthday notification be turned off. So DJO does not automatically notify users of contact birthday's. This can simply be remedied by setting up a notification in Outlook or Act.
    I'm synchronizing with Lotus Notes and that functionnality does not exist. I don't want to be notified for every birthdays I have in my contacts (some are from very old contacts) So why can't we have a "Notify" check box beside the birthday field? In that way only the required birthday will be notified? I think this option is very easy to implement and will cover every requirements.

Thanks

I only can second that request (Birthday notification).
    A check box next to the date would be great!

+ Reply to Thread