+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice for Android - Overview, Vision - sticky, updated

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djo123 View Post
    Didn't answer my question: Are my contacts transferred/posted/stored anywhere online? I do not want my info shared/stored onto any 3rd party server -I just want to transfer my data between my PC and my phone...
    DJO,

With Secure Hosted Sync service the data is stored on our secure server. I totally understand if this is not an option that appeals to you.
    Sounds like WiFi or USB sync is a better solution. Nothing is saved on an external server with WiFi or USB sync.

Regarding Secure Hosted Sync, CompanionLink does not farm any of our customer data like Google or other "Cloud" services.

I hope this information helps.

Red face Help with Category Layering

***Moved this question to its own thread****

Hi there -

I am using DejaOffice for Android for the Sprint Edge. I am still under the trial period, but diligently trying to make this work for me, since the default installed calendar option doesn't meet my needs. I am specifically using this for the Outlook categories and Outlook to Android sync.

Anyhoo, when I use the Monthly view, I can see that if there are multiple categorized events, it displays one color, rather than multiple colors (makes sense).

Is there a way to either 1) turn off or prioritize categories so that a particular one is on top or possibly ignored in the Monthly view?

ie. One date with a Birthday (all day) and a Business (all day), make it so the day of the month displays the Business color. The Business appointment is more important than the Birthday so I'd like to show a blue day (Business) rather than a green day (Birthday).

If this isn't possible, how are the categories layered? FIFO? or by time of day? etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Melisa

PS. I'm aware of Outlook's category limitations, so my hopes aren't too high that this is an easy thing to accomplish... I just have my fingers crossed that this is a training issue (me) rather than an app limitation.
    Last edited by Melisa; 03-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
    ***Moved this question to its own thread****

Hi there -

I am using DejaOffice for Android for the Sprint Edge. I am still under the trial period, but diligently trying to make this work for me, since the default installed calendar option doesn't meet my needs. I am specifically using this for the Outlook categories and Outlook to Android sync.

Anyhoo, when I use the Monthly view, I can see that if there are multiple categorized events, it displays one color, rather than multiple colors (makes sense).

Is there a way to either 1) turn off or prioritize categories so that a particular one is on top or possibly ignored in the Monthly view?

ie. One date with a Birthday (all day) and a Business (all day), make it so the day of the month displays the Business color. The Business appointment is more important than the Birthday so I'd like to show a blue day (Business) rather than a green day (Birthday).

If this isn't possible, how are the categories layered? FIFO? or by time of day? etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Melisa

PS. I'm aware of Outlook's category limitations, so my hopes aren't too high that this is an easy thing to accomplish... I just have my fingers crossed that this is a training issue (me) rather than an app limitation.
    See my reply on the new thread

Wifi Sync ideas

Hi,

I just started using DejaOffice and really like it. My top enhancement request is instead of having me enter the IP address in the PC software, could you just have it scan the local class C net for the phone and connect (perhaps on a special port). I work in several locations during the day and it is a pain to get the IP off the phone and enter it into the PC. The Chapura software on the Pre did this by going to a common website to find the address, perhaps you could do the same? If this is impossible, could you at least add in a drop down on the PC software where it keeps the last 5 addresses so I can just pick one and sync.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    CompanionLink is combining forces with Pimlical now.
    Very interesting.

Now, I have an Android tablet, it has a USB host port so technically I can connect my Palm directly to the tablet. Will it ever be possible to synch the Palm directly to the tablet?

Android tablets will be the new desktop for most purposes...

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    Very interesting.

Now, I have an Android tablet, it has a USB host port so technically I can connect my Palm directly to the tablet. Will it ever be possible to synch the Palm directly to the tablet?

Android tablets will be the new desktop for most purposes...
    sciurius,

Great question. My initial answer is no. However I promise to put this on my list to present to dev team. DejaOffice does not support any form of Device to Device Syncing.
    We looking at some cloud based options for users with multiple mobile devices. However an older Palm device is going to have difficulty dealing with cloud sync.
    If there is any news to share on this I will post back here.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Email? Please?

I've been using CompanionLink and DejaOffice for 3 weeks now and am very happy with its performance and convenience.

Is there any chance, as long as you have this very effective link with Outlook for everything else, that you'll at some point also add an email sync, even if that requires a separate app? My Android Galaxy Nexus is the first phone or PDA I've ever had that does not keep a local copy of my Outlook emails. Google's "solutions" aren't sometimes I just need to review a message that Outlook filed, sent or otherwise processed.

Thanks for the consideration!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    I've been using CompanionLink and DejaOffice for 3 weeks now and am very happy with its performance and convenience.

Is there any chance, as long as you have this very effective link with Outlook for everything else, that you'll at some point also add an email sync, even if that requires a separate app? My Android Galaxy Nexus is the first phone or PDA I've ever had that does not keep a local copy of my Outlook emails. Google's "solutions" aren't sometimes I just need to review a message that Outlook filed, sent or otherwise processed.

Thanks for the consideration!
    Number 6,

Email Sync is well beyond our scope and specialty. I would not count on this being added. The Android and iPhone platforms have scores of email client applications to choose from.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Number 6,

Email Sync is well beyond our scope and specialty. I would not count on this being added. The Android and iPhone platforms have scores of email client applications to choose from.
    Sorry to hear that email is unlikely to be addded to the DejaOffice line. I've been quite happy with the other Outlook synchronization features and miss terribly the same synchronization of my email. If you've found scores of other email client applications for Android, I'd love to hear about them. I haven't found any that do not require Microsoft Exchange (which is vast overkill for a single user) and which synchronize a subset of my Outlook email folders in my Android device (a feature that every cell phone and PDA I've owned has enjoyed for 15 years). Ah, well. I'll keep looking. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    subset of my Outlook email folders in my Android device (a feature that every cell phone and PDA I've owned has enjoyed for 15 years). Ah, well. I'll keep looking. Thanks for your reply.
    Number6, Welcome to the forum.

I'd be interested in knowing what cell phone you had, that synchronized a subset of Outlook Email folders to it? I know of none.

Email folders are easy to handle via IMAP. There's simply no need for a synchronization tool to handle it. Just set up IMAP at your Email host, set your phone to use IMAP and voila; your folders are right there for reference. Very easy.

+ Reply to Thread