Thread: Duplicate Phone Numbers, Email Addresses Added Sporadically

Duplicate Phone Numbers, Email Addresses Added Sporadically

I don't have good 'when' data on this.

Every so often, I happen to notice a duplicate phone number for a contact - sometime two (or three or four, sometimes FIVE) 'Home' numbers, say. Sometimes it's 'Work', sometimes it's 'Fax', sometimes it's email.

It's not all contacts, nor is it all contacts within a category. It's some contacts, usually in all categories.

I've gone through once or twice and cleaned up all contacts - 994 total - on the Palm Desktop side.

I wish I could give better data, but it's only some contacts, some categories, (SOME contact info), some of the time. I haven't been able to detect any pattern here.

This has been happening for years - I've been using DJO since v 1.x in July 2010. I'm finally reaching my boiling point on this one...!

Has anyone else seen this? I tried doing some Advanced Searches of the Forum, and couldn't find anything. But I'm not very smart and may have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

rjb

Quote Originally Posted by rjbinney View Post
    I don't have good 'when' data on this.

Every so often, I happen to notice a duplicate phone number for a contact - sometime two (or three or four, sometimes FIVE) 'Home' numbers, say. Sometimes it's 'Work', sometimes it's 'Fax', sometimes it's email.

It's not all contacts, nor is it all contacts within a category. It's some contacts, usually in all categories.

I've gone through once or twice and cleaned up all contacts - 994 total - on the Palm Desktop side.

I wish I could give better data, but it's only some contacts, some categories, (SOME contact info), some of the time. I haven't been able to detect any pattern here.

This has been happening for years - I've been using DJO since v 1.x in July 2010. I'm finally reaching my boiling point on this one...!

Has anyone else seen this? I tried doing some Advanced Searches of the Forum, and couldn't find anything. But I'm not very smart and may have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

rjb
    rjb -

This isn't something we're aware of, so we have a few questions:

-What build of CompanionLink are you using?
    -Do you always synchronize via DejaConnect USB? Or, do you ever switch methods?
    -What version of Palm Desktop?
    -Do you have the 'Sync with Android contacts' on? If so, what account do you sync with?

-Belinda

• Currently using CL 5066, this has been ongoing for nearly three years - I think I started in the builds in the 30s?
    • This has happened with two Android devices - the original Galaxy S, which ran 2.1 or 2.2 (I think started on Froyo and upgraded to Gingerbread), and now on my Galaxy Note, which is running ICS.
    • I have been using PD 4.2.0, for probably 10 or 11 years now.
    • I almost always sync using USB. I think I experimented once with WiFi, and have synced my iPad (although not well) a few times over WiFi - all of that has only been in the last few months. I first 'cleaned up' my contacts database in December 2010 or January 2011.
    • I do NOT sync with my Android contacts. (Nor my Android calendar, nor any of those options. I prefer to keep 'pure' with DJO.)

I guess the best option would be for me to put on some long movies and clean up the database again, and then monitor it every sync? Not fancying that, but if no one else has seen this problem...?

• Currently using CL 5066, this has been ongoing for nearly three years - I think I started in the builds in the 30s?
    • This has happened with two Android devices - the original Galaxy S, which ran 2.1 or 2.2 (I think started on Froyo and upgraded to Gingerbread), and now on my Galaxy Note, which is running ICS.
    • I have been using PD 4.2.0, for probably 10 or 11 years now.
    • I almost always sync using USB. I think I experimented once with WiFi, and have synced my iPad (although not well) a few times over WiFi - all of that has only been in the last few months. I first 'cleaned up' my contacts database in December 2010 or January 2011.
    • I do NOT sync with my Android contacts. (Nor my Android calendar, nor any of those options. I prefer to keep 'pure' with DJO.)

I guess the best option would be for me to put on some long movies and clean up the database again, and then monitor it every sync? Not fancying that, but if no one else has seen this problem...?
    rjbinney -

CompanionLink creates a backup copy of the Palm Desktop database (going backward 5 synchronizations). If you don't have a backup copy to restore from Palm Desktop, you can use the one CompanionLink creates:

http://www.companionlink.com/support..._Backup_folder

I've sent you a direct message with further instructions: We definitely want to get this resolved.

Thanks, Belinda. How did I not know that CL keeps a backup? Who can I blame for withholding that info? CLCTO, probably. Never could trust him.

(I actually have a backup of every sync I've done for the last two years - because I've had some calendar troubles... I don't relish going through them!)
    (Post #7 in this thread)

I will look at your message tonight when I have a few minutes to noodle with this. I appreciate your assistance!

CLCTO, probably. Never could trust him.
    Whooohho! Please stay fair!
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar