Thread: Is the Source Contact Data synced by DejaOffice for Android Saved

Question Is the Source Contact Data synced by DejaOffice for Android Saved

Recently purchased CompanionLink for Outlook and installed on Windows 7 laptop. It paired with DejaOffice for Android. Overall objective was to sync primary Outlook Calendar on my laptop with Outlook Calendar on my wife's laptop and subsequently to each of our Android phones (Samsung Note 2). While we only needed to sync our outlook calendar, a configuration setting during setup on my wife's laptop included the syncing of contact data. I still don't understand how it happened, but the result was that all of the contact data on her Android phone was deleted. Surprisingly, it was also deleted from her Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account. Is the source contact data from each DejaOffice sync saved on the Phone's memory card for a period of time so it can be retrieved promptly before another sync?

knbills, welcome to the forum.

I just responded to your post that stated you uninstalled DejaOffice. Let me respond further to this:

> Recently purchased CompanionLink for Outlook and installed on Windows 7 laptop. It paired with DejaOffice for Android. Overall objective was to sync primary Outlook Calendar on my laptop with Outlook Calendar on my wife's laptop and subsequently to each of our Android phones (Samsung Note 2).

Check

> I still don't understand how it happened, but the result was that all of the contact data on her Android phone was deleted.

Not good. Was data lost? It can probably be recovered. Why not call tech support at CompanionLink for this.

> Surprisingly, it was also deleted from her Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account. Is the source contact data from each DejaOffice sync saved on the Phone's memory card for a period of time so it can be retrieved promptly before another sync?

It is backed up. Call tech support and they can help retrieve it.