Thread: Encrypt Database

Encrypt Database

Via Settings I place check in box Encrypt Database. When I return to same setting, the box is not checked. How to use the Encrypt Database feature?

For DejaOffice Android

1. From Settings, select Privacy and Encryption settings.
    2. Check the box for Encrypt Database
    3. A popup will give an introduction to Encryption. In particular, USB Sync is not possible on encrypted databases, and also Wi-Fi and DejaCloud sync will only work while the database is "open". Click Ok on this.
    4. A prompt for password or unlock code. I prefer an unlock code as it is easier to use when I'm "all thumbs".
    5. You will be prompted twice for password or code.

That's all. You will be encypted after that.

Be sure to set the encryption timeout. This is an automatic timer for how long the database will be open. If you set it too short, you will need to enter the unlock code more often.

DJOCTO, thank you for the reply.

When I click Encrypt Database, the popup appears, but there is no 'ok' in the popup box. I click outside the popup box and the popup box dismisses and the check box Encrypt Database has check mark. No prompt for password appears.
    When I return to the setting the Encrypt Database box is no longer checked.

It might help to mention which version of Android you're using. I ran into an issue with a different app where older versions of Android did not display the "Done" button (or something like that) when the app was expecting it to be there. I wonder if something similar could be happening here for you? (Just a wild guess.)
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Thanks WhoWhatWhen
    My device is Android 4.2.2 tablet

Quote Originally Posted by mdee View Post
    Thanks WhoWhatWhen
    My device is Android 4.2.2 tablet
    I can tell you that it seems to work fine on my Nexus 7 on Android 4.2.2.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Thank you Hook,

Your signature states that your Android tablet 4.2.2 is rooted. Your signature also states
    "*Yes, I understand this setup is not supported, but if you answer questions based on stock Android 4.2.2, I will take responsibility for anything that doesn't work."

My Android tablet 4.2.2 is stock.
    Are you ready to take responsibility? : )

Quote Originally Posted by mdee View Post
    Thank you Hook,

Your signature states that your Android tablet 4.2.2 is rooted. Your signature also states
    "*Yes, I understand this setup is not supported, but if you answer questions based on stock Android 4.2.2, I will take responsibility for anything that doesn't work."

My Android tablet 4.2.2 is stock.
    Are you ready to take responsibility? : )
    Ummm, no, not for yours. Mine does work, so no responsibility needed.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/