Thread: DejaOffice Database Location on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2

DejaOffice Database Location on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2

Is there a way to get DejaOffice to store the database on the external SD card (as opposed to the internal SD card - i.e. internal memory on the S4)? Android version is 4.2.2. Samsung S4 only allows applications to be stored on the internalSD card/internal memory. I want to be able to store the DB on the external SD card (inserted into the back of the phone). Thanks for any help / direction! I am also using CompanionLink to sync from Palm Desktop. Any implications with this?

Gregspop, welcome to the forum.

To move the file should be pretty simple.

1. Look for \clusb\companionlink.db
    2. Move it to your external card \clusb\companionlink.db
    3. Rename it on the base card "xcompanionlink.db"

When DejaOffice runs, it checks all active devices for the data file. If it finds one, it will use it. The key is not to offer two files; because there is a list of which one it will use, and it differs per device.

The location of the file is also relevant to connected Sync; DejaConnect USB and USB Direct modes. However, both also look on all available devices.

Right now, there is not an option within the app to move, or even know, where the file is. It may be worthwhile for us to work on this at some point.

DJOCTO,

when I do as you suggest on my samsung S3 mini, I get the message "SD card is not available. please change USB-settings to "mass storage" or "charge only" (translation from german to english done by me ;-)

Any idea`?

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

I have a similar problem. I had been using DejaOffice on a Droid 2 and I switched to a Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 running 4.2.2. I removed the SD card from the old phone and put it into the Galaxy. The folder \clusb\companionlink.db exists on the card but DejaOffice does not seem to recognize it. There is no \clusb\companionlink.db folder on the device.

I appreciate the responses. I tried the suggestion as directed. When I start DejaOffice on the phone it says it can't find the database. When I try to do the CompanionLink sync i get a failure that it can't find the device. When I go back to the original / installed settings (DB on internal with correct name) everything works fine. Any other directions / suggestions? I just read that the German model of the Samsung S4 has an update that will allow you to move applications to the external SD card. But I think the app has to be written in a way to take advantage of that. Also, will have to wait to see if/when that new update comes to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    DJOCTO,

when I do as you suggest on my samsung S3 mini, I get the message "SD card is not available. please change USB-settings to "mass storage" or "charge only" (translation from german to english done by me ;-)

Any idea`?

Michael
    Michael -

Manually moving the database from an older device to a much newer device doesn't always work - that's because the older database was created on a device running an older version of SQLite. Because the newer device uses a new version of this, the database is not readable. That is probably what is happening for you - which is different than the issue reported by gregspop.

The way to get around this problem is to just do a synchronization with the new device via CompanionLink.

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWG View Post
    I have a similar problem. I had been using DejaOffice on a Droid 2 and I switched to a Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 running 4.2.2. I removed the SD card from the old phone and put it into the Galaxy. The folder \clusb\companionlink.db exists on the card but DejaOffice does not seem to recognize it. There is no \clusb\companionlink.db folder on the device.
    Hi MarkWG -

Please see my response to MG111. Unfortunately, databases from older devices (like your Droid 2) aren't compatible on newer ones. The easiest way to move the information is via synchronization.

Thanks -

-Belinda

Belinda,

there's a misunderstanding. I did a fresh install of DO on S3mini, Sync with PC and then move this DB from "sdsdcard0" (=internal memory) to "exSdCard" as DJOCTO explained ...

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    Belinda,

there's a misunderstanding. I did a fresh install of DO on S3mini, Sync with PC and then move this DB from "sdsdcard0" (=internal memory) to "exSdCard" as DJOCTO explained ...

Michael
    Michael -

Try this with version 2.5.2, it may work - we added a fix specific to the S4 when moving from internal/to external.

-Belinda