Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice version 2.5.1 (beta)

DejaOffice version 2.5.1 (beta)

All -

We just posted a new version of DejaOffice - 2.5.1 - as a beta.

This new version includes a number of features (many requested by users here) and fixes, including:

-Option to turn off the automatic generation of DejaJournal entries via completed tasks
    -Option to not synchronize Notes to the Android contact app
    -Number of fixes & improvements for widgets

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

Thanks in advance for your feedback -

-Belinda

Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    All -

We just posted a new version of DejaOffice - 2.5.1 - as a beta.

This new version includes a number of features (many requested by users here) and fixes, including:

-Option to turn off the automatic generation of DejaJournal entries via completed tasks
    -Option to not synchronize Notes to the Android contact app
    -Number of fixes & improvements for widgets

www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp

Thanks in advance for your feedback -

-Belinda
    There are useful enhancements in this beta but I am disappointed that Tasks still does not show the priorities and the program still lacks the capability to automatically re-prioritize tasks. Since the task priority is displayed on the widget I find it inexplicable that is still not displayed on the Tasks screen. And, I'd really like to know if the developer will ever produce a version that re-prioritizes tasks or if the user will always be expected to manually change task priorities one by one?

Thanks
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2 - Win7 64bit

One thing that come to my attention with this beta is that search is 2-3 time slower than before... (I know that there is some new search capability). Possible to some speed-up on search?
    Last edited by damjang; 07-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Well I see absolutely no difference in this version in compare with latet Android market version. Everything works before 2.5.1 and works after updating.

Belinda, in which version can we wait for new features (like scrollable widgets and so on)?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 stock 4.2.2
    DejaOffice v2.5.1
    CompanionLink build 5070
    Outlook 2013 and Windows 7
    DejaConnect USB sync

Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Well I see absolutely no difference in this version in compare with latet Android market version. Everything works before 2.5.1 and works after updating.

Belinda, in which version can we wait for new features (like scrollable widgets and so on)?
    Hello Mar00k -

More than likely, version 2.6 of DejaOffice will have the new features you're looking for. We'll update here when we have a better idea.

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    One thing that come to my attention with this beta is that search is 2-3 time slower than before... (I know that there is some new search capability). Possible to some speed-up on search?
    Hello Damjang -

Is there a specific area where search is slow - like DejaCalendar?

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    There are useful enhancements in this beta but I am disappointed that Tasks still does not show the priorities and the program still lacks the capability to automatically re-prioritize tasks. Since the task priority is displayed on the widget I find it inexplicable that is still not displayed on the Tasks screen. And, I'd really like to know if the developer will ever produce a version that re-prioritizes tasks or if the user will always be expected to manually change task priorities one by one?

Thanks
    MrD -

What priority style are you using? If you're using Outlook or Palm OS, the priority should show in the list view - we're guessing you use Franklin/Alpha style?

MrD -

What priority style are you using? If you're using Outlook or Palm OS, the priority should show in the list view - we're guessing you use Franklin/Alpha style?
    Yes, I am using Franklin/Alpha Style. There are a number of different threads here on the topic. Do you have any information about showing Franklin/Alpha priorities in the task list view as they are shown on the Today screen view? Anything on automatic re-prioritizing? Drag and drop prioritizing?

Thanks
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2 - Win7 64bit

Hello Damjang -

Is there a specific area where search is slow - like DejaCalendar?

-Belinda
    I do a search in DejaContacts with a lot of contacts (1300) and after I type a search term I must wait 4-5 sec before first search results is shown. Also happen 2-3 times that DejaOffice crash after 10 seconds no search results is shown.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Quote Originally Posted by damjang View Post
    I do a search in DejaContacts with a lot of contacts (1300) and after I type a search term I must wait 4-5 sec before first search results is shown. Also happen 2-3 times that DejaOffice crash after 10 seconds no search results is shown.
    damjang -

We're aware of this issue - and it will be fixed in version 2.5.2 of DejaOffice, which we hope to post very soon.

-Belinda