+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice CRM Live - General Info Sticky

DejaOffice CRM Live - General Info Sticky

Here is a link for DejaOffice Live.

http://crm.dejaoffice.com/login/

If you purchase CompanionLink for your PC Sync, you will get one year free DejaCloud service. If you purchased CompanionLink more than a year ago, you will be contacted soon to sign up for further cloud sync support. There will be an ongoing charge of about $5 per month, billed quarterly or annually (i.e. about $50 per year) if you use PC or Mac sync.

In late 2013 and early 2014 we will be rolling out "Connectors"

To use a Connector, you simply check that you want it, and supply the authorization. This is a secure authorization so your passords are NOT stored by us, only the authentication token.

Connectors To:

Google: Will roll out December 2013
    Office 365: 1Qtr 2014
    SalesForce: 1 Qtr 2014

In addition to connectors, in early 2014 we hope to add the following:

1. Multiple person scheduling; i.e. a resource view that shows multiple people's calendar and lets you add, change and delete items.

2. Report writing system - and integrated graph and report system.

Thanks everyone for checking out DejaOffice CRM Live.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 11-29-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Question Clarifications about potential costs

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    For now, this service is free. If you purchase CompanionLink for your PC Sync, you will get one year free DejaCloud service. Our long term plans are to bill per device synchronized, so if you synchronize more than one PC and more than one device, then probably there will be an ongoing charge of about $5 per month. For two devices (Phone and Tablet) there will not be a charge.
    Currently DejaCloud subscriptions cost $24.95 per 3 months for syncing 3 devices (ie, 1 PC and 2 Android devices), which works out to ~$8.32/month. Approximately what would my cost be under the new system (once you're charging for it) if I'm syncing 1 PC and 2 Android devices? Or is DejaOffice CRM Live going to be an additional fee on top of the current DejaCloud subscription plans?

Thanks!

Thanks. I will play around with this for a while and give you feedback every so often.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhen View Post
    Currently DejaCloud subscriptions cost $24.95 per 3 months for syncing 3 devices (ie, 1 PC and 2 Android devices), which works out to ~$8.32/month. Approximately what would my cost be under the new system (once you're charging for it) if I'm syncing 1 PC and 2 Android devices? Or is DejaOffice CRM Live going to be an additional fee on top of the current DejaCloud subscription plans? Thanks!
    Thank you for being a subscriber. DejaCloud/DejaOffice Live are under the same fee, so it is not "in addition".

The most likely change for future is the number of devices will increase. Our current 3 device fee will move to 5 devices, 5 to 7 etc. This is because we anticipate more tablets, watches and glasses in the next year or two...

So the trend is downward.

DejaCloud/DejaOffice Live are under the same fee, so it is not "in addition".

The most likely change for future is the number of devices will increase. Our current 3 device fee will move to 5 devices, 5 to 7 etc. This is because we anticipate more tablets, watches and glasses in the next year or two...

So the trend is downward.
    That is wonderful--Thanks!

I have been playing with this and, in general, I like it. It's not yet where I want it to be, but I'm not to concerned with that as I understand it is a work in progress. Right now, the things I would like that aren't there:

1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Again, I know this is in the early stages, but it definitely needs more polish.

Looking forward to watching how this progresses. I am only using it for testing purposes. I still use Outlook to DJO via DejaConnect for my actual work.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

> 1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

Prior to this, the category table was NOT part of the sync. The colors were carried by records that use the categories. In the next set of CL and DJO changes, categories will now be synchronized as a conduit.

> 2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

Noted to make Calendar show first. You can size by moving the "Center" divider left or right. That should "stick" also. Calendar view is our most powerful as it also shows the Contacts and Tasks lists (although currently does not allow edits there).

> 3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

Working on this.

> 4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Not really understanding this. Would having the elements in a set of popup windows help?

> 1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

Prior to this, the category table was NOT part of the sync. The colors were carried by records that use the categories. In the next set of CL and DJO changes, categories will now be synchronized as a conduit.

> 2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

Noted to make Calendar show first. You can size by moving the "Center" divider left or right. That should "stick" also. Calendar view is our most powerful as it also shows the Contacts and Tasks lists (although currently does not allow edits there).

> 3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

Working on this.

> 4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Not really understanding this. Would having the elements in a set of popup windows help?
    Thanks for the responses. On number 2, for me (using Firefox if that matters), moving the center divider does not stick. I have to redo it each time.

Number 4 wasn't clear. Partly it was further reaction to the fact that the divider doesn't stick. I like the Calendar page where you have four tabs for the other PIMS. Open in new window for anything might be useful, but I was getting more at being able to design custom views, so maybe I have a view that shows me notes and contacts with a reading pane for both at the bottom of their respective columns. This is more pie-in-the-sky stuff once you get all the basics working the way you want. It may even be more than you really want to do given the primary role of DejaCloud is to view and modify data while providing OTA syncing capabilities on the go.

Really looking forward to watching this evolve.

I think it's going to move quickly for a while. I'm pretty excited about it.

It seems to be coming along. It now remembers the widget width I set. I assume I'll get a lot more things I want when the different settings links on the settings page finally become active.

The main things I would like to start with is (some repetition of my first post, but clearer now):

1. To be able to set the calendar page as the default page that appears when I log in.

2. To have the calendar recognize item categories and color them appropriately. The Calendar screen clearly shows it knows the categories and their colors.

3. For some sensible default sorts in the views as well as user selectable default sorts that stick. Contacts should probably default to last name, Memos to subject, etc. Right now, they are all chaotic when they first come up (maybe sorting on revision date, but I can't tell-- it isn't useful to me ).

+ Reply to Thread