+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice CRM Live - General Info Sticky

Hook - For 3, the views should "set" when you set them up. This is a cookie, so they may unset after a few months (because some cookies expire). The settings are sepearte for "Sort By", so Contacts can have several default views depending on the Sort-By setting.

I'll pass the notes to the developer for 1 and 2...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Hook - For 3, the views should "set" when you set them up. This is a cookie, so they may unset after a few months (because some cookies expire). The settings are sepearte for "Sort By", so Contacts can have several default views depending on the Sort-By setting.

I'll pass the notes to the developer for 1 and 2...
    For some reason, the sort by doesn't stick with me. I'll try again at home tonight (I don't trust my work computer to handle cookies right because so much is locked down). I know the widget widths (the different information panels on a single page) didn't used to stick when I moved them, but now they do, so maybe this will clear up in time too. Cookies should definitely work at home. I'll let you know.

Thanks for passing on my suggestions.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Been watching the minor version number creep up. ;-) Category colors now working on Calendar, thanks. Still not getting sorts to stick (Firefox 23 if that helps).

Finding odd stuff with repeats that don't happen with USB sync. First, I couldn't get rid of a deleted member of a repeating appointment even when I deleted all data and resynced to Outlook. Tried all combos of unchecking optimized sync, reread Outlook data and wipe DejaCloud before sync. Finally had to open that instance and say it repeats never. I understand that handling orphaned exceptions isn't easy, but I'm not sure why it continued to appear even when I wiped everything. This does not happen with DejaConnect.

I also have on set of repeats that are correctly shown repeating every wed, but in the dialog box for the event properties, Friday is checked. ??? Other repeating events have the correct day checked, so something odd is going on here.

Also (trivial), no matter what span of repeating you pick day, week, month), the setting for wether it is every 1, 2 ,3 etc always says "days". The behavior is correct for whatever number you pick-- if it is a weekly repeat and you pick 2, it repeats every 2 weeks even though it says days.

These posts are all bug reports and feature requests, not criticism. I know this is still in early development, it's free for now and I'm not depending on it for now as my day to day PIM.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I'm looking to replace Sage Act for my contact manager. Will Deja Office Live have user defined fields and the ability to set up groups? Will it have mass import and output capabilities?

Thanks

So excited abut CRM Live-Beta

Hi, I'm really glad to see (from accidentally stumbling up it) the CRM Live. Nothing better than an equivalent to Palm Desktop for Deja Office. I'm having a few issues, which now that I learn this is still in Beta I know it's a work in progress. I tried sending a support ticket to Deja Office but I don't think they understood what I was asking. I'll try here.

1. When I sync my desktop (memos only) to the cloud it seems to sync completely. However not all of my categories will hold all of my check marks in the boxes (in Deja Categories window). When I leave the CRM-Live site and come back my check marks are gone from half of my categories (always the same categories).

2. I have tried to sync my desktop calendar (only) to the cloud, and although I have edited an event in my Palm Desktop in CRM both the original and revised events show on my Cloud calendar. Not all categories show up on my calendar and the colors in my calendar are not the same as I have assigned to them.

3. In the Contacts, it seems to sync fairly well, but I would really like to be able to customize my fields to match my Google contacts (for example the phone number fields (work, mobile, fax, other, custom, etc.). I use my Deja Contacts primarily as an information source, but when actually calling someone I call from my Android contact app (which is actually my Google Contacts). Google contacts are just a smaller, most frequently used selection pulled from my Palm Desktop/Deja Office contacts. I don't very often sync my Google contacts.

This is all probably clear as mud, but hopefully you can give me some tips or help.

Thanks, Robyne
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD Android ver. 4.4.2; PC OS-Vista 32 bit; Palm DeskTop-ver. 4.1.4; DJO-3.1.2, CL-6018, Wi-Fi Sync/Cloud Sync.

RtRaw,

1. You should see categories in DJOL calendar get much better in the next push (today?) . We have been working there.

2. We are working to stabilize category colors with Palm Desktop sync. Please update CompanionLink. I'll also talk to the developers today to be sure we get this resolved.

3. You are right, I don't understand it. Can you try to explain again. Does this pertain to phone number labels?

Thank you for your quick response and your help. I LOVE the idea of having a DJO 'Desktop' so to speak. I will update my CL today.

LOL, regarding item #3, yes it does pertain to phone number labels. Some people (like myself) have more than one work address/phone number/email address. I actually have 4 different email addresses. So, if the labels (all?) would include the option of customization that would be terrific.

If or when DJO has a reliable, stable Desktop I would like to completely retire my Palm Desktop. At this point I am highly dependant on it. I use DJO mostly to reference all of my contact information (and solely for my calendar/memos). However, for the phone numbers I use very frequently (just a handful) I use my native Android phone book (which just so happens to sync from my Google contacts). The only thing that I set to automatically sync is my native and Google contacts. So, in other words-lots of contacts in DJO, MUCH fewer in my native Android contacts.

Also, (#4) if I wanted to sync up my Palm Desktop fields with my DJO fields (or even Google) do they 'recognize' each other by field label or field order?

I'm sorry this is so long, but thank you for your patience.

Robyne
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD Android ver. 4.4.2; PC OS-Vista 32 bit; Palm DeskTop-ver. 4.1.4; DJO-3.1.2, CL-6018, Wi-Fi Sync/Cloud Sync.

I'm curious when the next update of the web interface is coming and whether there is a roadmap. Currently, it hasn't been updated since mid-Sept (I know you folks have been quite busy). I'm particularly interested in whether my sort issue gets addressed. I currently have no data up there awaiting an update, but up to now no sorting order that I select seems to stick once I exit and come back. I know I have cookies working in all my browsers since I visit a lot of sites customized by cookies (including this forum). If I can solve the sort issue, I'll be happy to start using it and would be happy to add my subscription to your revenue stream. Until it does, it is not that useful to me as a tool.

I should say that my primary interest is in using it as a web desktop, not so much push syncing (which I don't need but will make use of when I start using it.) I need a desktop I can utilize at work (where I can't install anything) and that's why having the sort thing work is important. Having it open to whatever view I prefer would be helpful too, but not nearly as important as the sort. Right now, I have to do so much re-setting up each time that it is easier just to pull out my tablet.

Maybe next week. I had not realized "Sort by" is not working. I'll talk to the developer about that.

Just noticed one other small, odd thing. Don't think this has always been true because I think I would have noticed as I did now. Now, when I log on, it takes me to the Contacts module as before, but until I click on a contact, it shows the text of one of my notes in the "Contact Details" window. As soon as I click on a contact, the contact details replaces the note in that window.

+ Reply to Thread